PDA

View Full Version : Linkage Problems

wasovs4
09-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Hi I Have Created This New Site For A Client When I Preiview It It Comes Up Fine But Once Ive Hosted It The Links Are All Funny. :confused:

ITS THE FIRST TIME IT HAS HAPPNED WITH ME

wasovs4
09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
the site is www.eutopia-travel.com (http://www.eutopia-travel.com)

davidj
09-13-2007, 08:04 PM
its a nice site.

you do have an eye for design..

what i will say is that there is no reason for the small amount of vertical scrolling as people will scroll expecting more content but the effort shows nothing more than more of the design. I would rethink this aspect of the design

d a v e
09-13-2007, 09:19 PM
yes it is nice though you have resized the plane image in the html and some bits are a little bit broken/misaligned in firefox

Jittor
09-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Not to rain on wasovs4 parade, but this is a template from templatemonster.com - his source code ratted him out - it does look cool though.

davidj
09-13-2007, 10:51 PM
eh

ive been had!

your claiming work which others have done. How could you let us think its your work?

geesh ... some people

domedia
09-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't think wasov claimed the template was his 'creation'

d a v e
09-14-2007, 06:12 PM
I don't think wasov claimed the template was his 'creation'

really? how do you interpret this then
"Hi I Have Created This New Site For A Client" at best it's ambiguous, but he should have at least said it was based on a template! [that wasn't his].

domedia
09-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Only because templates are made for creating websites from. You still make a website even though you use someones template to start off with. I guess some of it lies in what we consider 'creating', is creating pages from a template creating? Maybe it's just semantics.

So now that we now wasov used a template, will that change the answer to his original question :wink:

d a v e
09-14-2007, 09:09 PM
maybe it doesn't change the answer to the original question but it brings up the point of someone saying something is their creation when it isn't , whether they have modified the code/graphics or not.

the original question - just like the logo request in the other post - is too vague. "links all funny" what does that mean??

wasovs4
09-15-2007, 02:50 PM
maybe it doesn't change the answer to the original question but it brings up the point of someone saying something is their creation when it isn't , whether they have modified the code/graphics or not.

the original question - just like the logo request in the other post - is too vague. "links all funny" what does that mean??

I aM NOT CLAIMING ITS MY OWN WORK IM SAYING THE LINKS DONT WORK WHEN THE SITES ONLINE BUT WHEN I PREVIEW IT COMES UP WITH ONE LINK WORKING ON ONE PAGE AN ANOTHER NOT ON ANYOTHER PAGE :roll: ITS CONFUSING ME.

IM NOT A CHEAT
WHO EVER SAYS THAT TEN THEY ARE WRONG

davidj
09-15-2007, 02:56 PM
ok i accept that this site is a template

is the flash site your own work?

wasovs4
09-15-2007, 09:01 PM
ok i accept that this site is a template

is the flash site your own work?

yes i used another clubsite as an idea for the site

like the new eurolink one taht i am doing is another freebie so im just doing the template thing like i did with eutopia

davidj
09-15-2007, 09:59 PM
is this for commercial use (eurolink)?

is your client making money from this site?

wasovs4
09-16-2007, 11:25 AM
is this for commercial use (eurolink)?

is your client making money from this site?

No Y If Its Commercial Do i hAVE tO Charge Them

wasovs4
09-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Im Only Doing The Free Ones For A Portfolio because i urgently need one for my college application next year

davidj
09-16-2007, 11:30 AM
if eurolink is a real business and they are profitable then they are making money even if not directly from the website the website will be helping to generate revenue.

if this is a real company you have had your eyes taken out! Been had.

they have you at their feet and I'm betting you will be maintaining this for free also. Just wait for the call for additional functionality or content.

please tell me you didn't pay for the template yourself?

wasovs4
09-16-2007, 11:41 AM
if eurolink is a real business and they are profitable then they are making money even if not directly from the website the website will be helping to generate revenue.

if this is a real company you have had your eyes taken out! Been had.

they have you at their feet and I'm betting you will be maintaining this for free also. Just wait for the call for additional functionality or content.

please tell me you didn't pay for the template yourself?

No I Used One That My Freind All Ready Used.

I Know It Will Help Them Generate Revenue But Its Not Easy Getting Them To Pay If They Havnt Seen What I Can Do Thats Y I Nedd A Portfolio Not Only For My Further Education But To Persuade Clients.

davidj
09-16-2007, 11:43 AM
ok

i understand now

keep it up and steer away from those templates

wasovs4
09-16-2007, 11:46 AM
ok

i understand now

keep it up and steer away from those templates

mmmm yes ure right let me get my portfolio then im yurning the corner lo:wink: thanks for the advice listen david is there a html code for a contact form around some where i dont understand the tutorial on here:confused: PLEASE

davidj
09-16-2007, 11:49 AM
you need a server side scripting language to do this

your host may have a pre defined perl script ready to go so its worth dropping them an email

either way your going to have to don your speedo's and dive into a scripting language

PHP is a common one

wasovs4
09-16-2007, 02:33 PM
you need a server side scripting language to do this

your host may have a pre defined perl script ready to go so its worth dropping them an email

either way your going to have to don your speedo's and dive into a scripting language

PHP is a common one

Im Not Being Cheeky But Can You Help Me

davidj
09-16-2007, 04:35 PM
i wont do this for you but i can introduce you to PHP

where you could do it yourself

wasovs4
09-16-2007, 04:39 PM
i wont do this for you but i can introduce you to PHP

where you could do it yourself

Please :grin:

davidj
09-16-2007, 04:55 PM
you need an understanding of PHP

this will help you understand a mail script by introducing you to the building blocks of PHP

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/php-mysql-apache.php

wasovs4
09-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Tahnks You Are Fab David