PDA

View Full Version : Preview my pages

minpot
09-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi everyone !
Well its also a strange thing that's happening now . . . . .

I use Dreamweaver 8, it has been always working properly but I dont know if i accidentally hit something and changed some settings . . . . . .

After i work on my pages/file, i go to the preview/debug browser button, I use IExplorer 6 as my default browser, and it shows my pages as i 'm working on them; and now i dont know what i did by mistake and when i want to see how my page is looking like , the preview goes directly to the internet and of course there is an error page because i'm still working on them and have not yet uploaded files to server .

Has anyone a clue on what I did my mistake, what setting i changed that i have not been able to reverse ? ? ? ? ? ? so i can again preview my pages from my harddrive? ? ? ? ?

I am still very new at this and trying to solve a little mistakes drives me crazy.

Thanks for advises !!!!!!

Jittor
09-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Try hitting F12. That is usually a default preview for IE. Not sure what you changed but the F12 might get you by until you figure it out.

minpot
09-12-2007, 06:36 PM
:( Nope, F12 is not working either . . . . gives the same page with error saying it does not find the page

Jittor
09-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Check your preferences by going to file > preferences. Then click the "Preview in browser" on the left-hand side. What are your settings? Were you using the "preview using temporary files"