PDA

View Full Version : Linking Text to an Image

boozehound
09-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi Guys,

I am a newbie here, also to DW and experiencing some problems with behaviours. I am trying to link text to an image so that when you click on the text a small window pops up with image in it.

After reading through all of the questions posted here and the closest I could get to doing what I wanted was using behaviour - open browser window - I resized the window. When I checked the behaviour it opened in correctly sized window but also a full window in background of same image. Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong?

davidj
09-11-2007, 12:29 PM
your after a tooltip

this is done using javascript and idealy would be driven from a database

whats your level of understanding code

boozehound
09-11-2007, 12:57 PM
very basic :(

davidj
09-11-2007, 01:13 PM
you need to use layers

using javascript functions you could pass the parameters like image to display and dimensions as arguments but unless you know how this works its impossible to explain how to do it without writing it for you

there may be an extension so just wait a little longer and someone may point you in the right direction

boozehound
09-11-2007, 01:26 PM
thanks David :)

domedia
09-11-2007, 02:20 PM
If anyone wants to do a popup and experience the same initial problem of the popup page also appearing in the main window, it's because the HREF value needs to be cancelled by adding return(false); to the onlick value.
http://www.domedia.org/oveklykken/javascript-pop-up.php

boozehound
09-13-2007, 03:01 AM
thanks... works a treat :-D