PDA

View Full Version : I'm New Today

solargreen
09-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey I am new today and wanting to find out info on dreamweaver (pros and cons). Need some answers! :lol:

davidj
09-07-2007, 02:16 PM
welcome

what are you wanting to know

solargreen
09-07-2007, 02:26 PM
I am fixing to buy the new dreamweaver and just wanting to know if there are any bad things about it that I should now about or any thing about it that is much better or easier then any other web builder you might have used.

davidj
09-07-2007, 02:35 PM
it has its flaws

everyone on here uses it differently. Some use it as a notepad, handcoding as they go (me) others use every wizard going and then complain there arnt enough wizards and would scream if they caught a glimps of code.

In my opinion i would concentrate on your skills (coding) then you wont fall into any traps dreamweaver may have lying around waiting for you to fall into them.

Think of dreamweaver as a tool that helps you out by providing some HTML shortcuts rather than a do-everything-so-i-dont-have-to-know-anything IDE

too many people call themselves web developers when really its dreamweaver who is doing the development and the user is just pushing buttons.

remember that clients are not techies. And by calling yourself a web developer you are pissing in a wasp nest.
They will ask for a beveled button and an ecommerce solution in the same sentence and will no way differentiate between them. The wont want to know the difference either!

concentrate on your skills and prove to them you can do the job by learning to code

solargreen
09-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Have you ever used a database with dreamweaver?

davidj
09-07-2007, 02:51 PM
i can teach you to code and use dreamweaver to write the code that communicates with a database but i refuse to help those who fall into the many traps that using the dreamweaver only development method attracts

if you want to learn something useful then try these

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/php-mysql-apache.php

domedia
09-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Dreamweaver has support for several scripting languages that use DB.
http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/features/