PDA

View Full Version : pop up window

kc104
09-06-2007, 10:28 PM
hi folks, its been a while but im back, I have a family member pass away. Ok so I want to create a popup window - although im not sure if
pop up window is the right name for it - ive sketched a basic image of what i want to create. I dont want to open a new browser window just open
this little window. All the tuts I look at talk about how to open another browser window. anywhoo - i have dreamweaver, and all macromedia products, can it be done in dreamweaver. I was told that i could user multimedia builder to create a pop up window like this although i dont know how to do that - As for how it is opened - i want 2 ways, 1 - clicking on text, and 2 - by ticking a box and then clicking open.file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/J%20S/Desktop/popupwindow1.jpg

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/J%20S/Desktop/popupwindow1.jpg

edbr
09-07-2007, 01:12 AM
check out behaviours /open browser window. with this you can establish the size so it will appear as a pop up

domedia
09-07-2007, 02:01 PM
And if you don't want to use a new browser window (in which case you should not use the word window at all), check out the show/hide layer behavior in DW.

boozehound
09-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi Guys,

I am a newbie here, also to DW and experiencing some problems with behaviours. I am trying to link text to an image so that when you click on the text a small window pops up with image in it.

After reading through all of the questions posted here and the closest I could get to doing what I wanted was using behaviour - open browser window - I resized the window. When I checked the behaviour it opened in correctly sized window but also a full window in background of same image. Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong?