PDA

View Full Version : I can't figure this out! help please

gg2327
09-05-2007, 11:36 AM
sorry for the never ending questions but everytime i solve one problem another problem crops up. i've put up 2 screen shot to make things easy to explain
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb283/gg2327/gallery1-1.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb283/gg2327/gallerybrowser-1.jpg

as you can see in pic 1 the pictures are in place in a table of 2 rows 3 column with cell spacing and padding both at 3 but when viewed in browser, everything is messed up. what am i supposed to do now. why is everythign messed up in the browser? thanks for any help. i seem to have many problems of this nature, it looking right on the dreamweaver page butt all off in the browser! any help please. thank you.

domedia
09-05-2007, 01:18 PM
How old is your Dreamweaver version?

If you want help, please use a descriptive subject for your thread.

d a v e
09-05-2007, 01:27 PM
blimey looks like version 2!! can you post a link to the page as well?

domedia
09-05-2007, 01:44 PM
hehe I'm guessing it's either 3 or 4. Both which you can not expect to render pages close to what they'll look like in the real world.

Ricky55
09-05-2007, 01:56 PM
If you can upgrade and you're really struggling you can have all those images as just one large image, not perfect I know but at least your positioning would look correct. Then use hotpots for links if that version of dreamweaver supports them.

gg2327
09-05-2007, 06:15 PM
hehe I'm guessing it's either 3 or 4. Both which you can not expect to render pages close to what they'll look like in the real world.

oh yeah have a good laugh all of you! yes it's version 3, is is that old and crap ?:mrgreen: :mrgreen: i feel better now i suppose. i think i figured a way to fix problem. i inserted table right on the edge instead of indent right and insert table. then 1 st picture aligh right, middle picture alighn center, 3rd picture align left. it's not perfect as ther's still a little more space between the pictures than i would have like but at least they're centered now. so which dreamwever version would run on me edition?:-D yes my computer is old as well. can't keep up ih you high tech boys! :mrgreen:

hi ricky, yes i would like to upgrade if possible now that i know i have very ancient version but don't know which version me would support. any suggestions?

Torin
09-05-2007, 07:30 PM
It really depends on your system specs, not your operating system. How much hard drive space, RAM, what processor, etc. do you have?

gg2327
09-06-2007, 10:32 AM
computer is amd duron (tm ) processor, 224.0mb ram, hard drive space 38 gig but only got 4gb of free space at the moment.

Torin
09-06-2007, 04:36 PM
CS3 required system specs:

Intel Pentium 4, Intel Centrino, Intel Xeon, or Intel Core Duo (or compatible) processor

Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (certified for 32-bit editions)

512MB of RAM

1GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation)

1,024x768 monitor resolution with 16-bit video card

DVD-ROM drive

Internet or phone connection required for product activation

Dreamweaver 8 requirements:

800 MHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent

Windows 2000 or Windows XP

256 MB RAM (1GB recommended to run Studio products)

1024 x 768, 16-bit display (Macromedia recommends 32-bit)

650 MB available disk space (More if you plan on storing your Web pages on the hard drive)

You would probably be fine with Dreamweaver 8. However, you may want to head over to http://newegg.com and check out some upgrades. I built a whole system of high-end products for less than a thousand dollars. It shouldn't cost too much to buy an extra 256 MB of RAM and a new hard drive.

edbr
09-07-2007, 01:22 AM
although cs3 has got some bells and whistles, DW 8 is still a good and
very usable product.

domedia
09-07-2007, 02:04 PM
although cs3 has got some bells and whistles, DW 8 is still a good and
very usable product. Yes, both are way ahead of DW3, which imho, you should not use to make websites with anymore.

gg2327
09-07-2007, 04:08 PM
thank you for all your suggestions everyone. i will try and get a copy of dreamweaver 8 if i ever decide to do another website although after spending so much time on my present one, getting started on another one does not sound very appealing.
if i had the money i will just pay someone else but alas i don't:( so will have to plod along on my own with help from you nice people from the forum:mrgreen: . my site is almost completed now with exception of logo and another question on how to include my site map on which i will start on a new thread.

edbr
09-10-2007, 01:05 AM
if budget is an issue i would suggest you look at selida(2 I think) it is a free wysiwyg editor. and although not dreamweaver is not bad at all