PDA

View Full Version : how to fix web page sizing??

gg2327
09-05-2007, 08:59 AM
hi everyone,

have a bit of a problem here. i have designed most of my pages to fit just one page and when i check each page on the browser it's on one page but when i open the index page on the browser and start clicking on the navigation text links to get to the diff pages, all the pages don't fit on one page anymore and i have to scroll down to see the bottom navigation bar. it's only like a few cm longer than one page and not a major problem but i was wondering how to fix it. how am i suppose to fix it when it's not showing up on the browser when i check each page and only when i start cliking on to get to another page? thanks for any input?

domedia
09-05-2007, 02:11 PM
You can't fix it because you are creating a problem that is not there :)

You will *never* have control over the device your website is being viewed in. It could a a Playstation, my Opera browsers, someone on 640 width resolution, or on DJ's full wall plasma tv, or your fathers cellphone.

So the first thing you have to get over, is the assumption that you can control the environment in which your page is being displayed.

p.s. All webpages I visit during a day has scrollbars, and they're supposed to be there.

gg2327
09-05-2007, 07:25 PM
oh i didn't realize that. i just assume that what you see is what you get and since you've pointed out that my dreamweaver version is old as well im' not too worried now. i just thought i was doing something wrong. thanks for your help domedia.:mrgreen: