PDA

View Full Version : why are my meta tags not working in dreamweaver?

gg2327
09-04-2007, 02:45 PM
i have included keywords and description of my home page as instructed by clicking on the objects box> head> which brings me to the description and keywords icon to clik on and type my keywords in. after i've done all that it doesn't show up in my code which is meant to show up?? any help most appreciated?

Ricky55
09-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Try from the insert pull down menu,

Insert >
HTML >
Head Tags >
Keywords or description

Always works for me.

gg2327
09-04-2007, 03:10 PM
thanks for help ricky i tried that but it didn't work either but then i thought of trying it on my template page itself and it worked! i assume it didn't work on those other pages because the top part of my page is uneditable? so how do i put different keyworsd and description in other pages. i can't make the top part editable because i havne;t done my logo yet and if my top part is editable i will have to copy and paste logo in all of my 40 pages site insteag of letting the template do its work. thanks very much for help

gg2327
09-04-2007, 03:11 PM
i suppoes if that's the only way to do it. i will have to do it then

Ricky55
09-04-2007, 03:41 PM
To be honest they are not that vital anyway but if you are using templates you should be able to make these two area editable regions, just like you would for a page title.

Like this:-

<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="Keywords" --><meta name="Keywords" content="your keywords go here" /><!-- TemplateEndEditable -->

gg2327
09-04-2007, 03:50 PM
ohhh that's an idea i didn't think about. thanks for the code! i wouldn't be able to come up with it on my own since all this html is quite mind boggling at the moment. thanks very much!!!!