PDA

View Full Version : uploading login script

joakimc
09-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Iīm new to everything that has to do with databases and I feel Iīm missing something fundamental. I completed the login script tutorial and it runs perfectly when using it locally. Now I would like to upload it to my website to have a login page but itīs like it canīt connect to the database. I guess it has something to do with that itīs linked to 'localhost' and trying to find a database thatīs simply not online but I simply donīt know how to attack this problem. Help would be greatly appreciated.

edbr
09-04-2007, 08:17 AM
check you connection details, the host name is usually localhost but username and password you have to give permissions to on your server

joakimc
09-04-2007, 08:28 AM
check you connection details, the host name is usually localhost but username and password you have to give permissions to on your server

Where would I do that? Everything seem to upload just fine and i can access the page online but when trying to login it does not connect to the database. Donīt I have to upload the MySQL database somewhere because localhost is looking to find the DB on my computer but the login.php the file is online?

Thanks for the help
/J

edbr
09-04-2007, 10:35 AM
ah! yes you have to create the databse on your server. does it have some database management software?

davidj
09-04-2007, 10:38 AM
if you have used EMS Mysql manager as in the tutorials then this will connect to your online db

you will need the host login info to register the host within the EMS IDE

owner
09-04-2007, 10:42 PM
I have to use phpmyadmin. I can show you how to use that. Its pretty simple :)

joakimc
09-05-2007, 12:17 PM
It turned out my web provider did not provide SQLdb as default but it was an add on service, so that kind of explains why I had no info about their accounts. I will sign up for that now so let me give a shot first. Thanks :-D