PDA

View Full Version : hooking up to the domain

Slimfish
08-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Heya Dreamweaver folks,

I'm having some difficulty making my site live. I have all my files on the remote view, I'm not sure where I go on from here. I have a domain, just notsure how to hook up to it. Could I getsome help with this please.:confused:

edbr
08-30-2007, 02:55 AM
you have hosting also?

Slimfish
08-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Heya edbr,

Yeah I have hosting through Chrystaltech,and INWW. I have the site on remote view, I just don't remember from classes how to publish it online. It's domain is illustratorsworkshop.com.

fwr1000
08-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Do you have your Home (opening page) named index.html? If not, that is what is preventing your site from opening. Rename your home page index.html and delete the "holding page" that now shows up.

HTH
Fred

edbr
08-31-2007, 01:53 AM
you need an ftp program like filezilla (freebie) make the connection to your site using the ftp infomation your haster should or will giv you. then it is a simple matter of transfering your files from your computer to your web site.

Torin
09-04-2007, 05:33 AM
And doing it through Dreamweaver. :)

ftp access through Dreamweaver is way quicker than loading manually. Trust me, I've done both.

Slimfish
09-08-2007, 09:39 PM
thanks guys, the problem was I needed to go webcontroller.com and from there either delete the several default pages they set up or to put my index.html on the top of all the others. I just deleted all their default pages and left my index.html. Up and running now. :)