PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted horizontal scroll bars

55nicko55
08-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi! I have just finished building my first site (theloyalfew.com). I used dw mx and the site is table-based with CSS. I work on a mac, and when i test it in firefox and safari it looks fine, but on Internet Explorer (specifically ie6), the pages automatically go too wide for the page and cause horizontal scroll bars to appear. Refreshing the page gets rid of these bars, and resizes the page correctly - but how do I ensure that the page opens correctly in the first place?

I have heard that using tables is far from ideal, but I assume there is a way to make it work correctly. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks

edbr
08-28-2007, 06:34 AM
sorry i just saw this post. It looks fine to me I checked with ie6 and ff no scroll bars

Andromeda
08-31-2007, 07:44 PM
55nicko55,

I wonder if, when a VERTICAL scrollbar appears it makes your page just that much wider - hence the horizontal scrollbar???????

Dante2004
09-02-2007, 11:42 PM
I get both vert and horiz scroll bars when I load your site in IE7.

Perhaps make the page slightly narrower? Or does it do this regardless of the width? Maybe try table width of 95% instead of 100%? Or just use a set pixel size?