PDA

View Full Version : Browser security

kc104
08-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Hi guys, I saved the following code into a .htm file using notepad (very simple )

-------------------------------------------------

<html>
<head>
<style>
div.box {width: 300px; height: 200px; padding: 30px;
font: 46pt times new roman;}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div class=”box” style=” filter:
progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha
(Opacity=100,
FinishOpacity=0, Style=1, StartX=0, FinishX=0, StartY=0,
FinishY=100)”>
Hey...you can modify opacity.</div>
</body>
</html>

----------------------------------------------------------
Which should display a fading text image, but when I double click to open in browser I just see the text, no styles or effects have been added. I also get the 'to help security IE has restricted webpage from running' message. when i click 'allow content' nothing changes' Im thinking its my IE settings, as to why I cant view the CSS but I done know - any advice !!!

kc104
08-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Im trying to learn css and these are the examples the book is giving me, but every time i try and run them, it doesnt seem to work, i just get the text, no effects, thats why i think its a browser thing, im copy and pasteing right from the book so it should work, and i dont know why its not, can anyone help me

domedia
08-22-2007, 01:36 PM
It's IE proprietary code. Will only work in IE, if it even works there. Never tried it, sorry. I would just conclude that it does not work and try to use standard means of creating opacity with standard CSS.

I've tried this a few times, and what I end up with is a mix of proprietary and standard CSS:
<div style="filter:alpha(opacity=50);-moz-opacity:.50;opacity:.50;">Content</div>

(don't forget to use the code tags in the forum editor when pasting code.)

gmcrone
08-23-2007, 12:44 AM
Just so that you understand, this opacity setting does not create an animated effect of fading. What it does is allow a background to show thru partially in the area you have set the opacity.

Mike...