PDA

View Full Version : Form - Change where submit/replies are sent

aestronza
08-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Hello.

I'm a novice with forms and my client has asked me to change how her form works on her website for newsletters. Instead of someone submitting their email address directly into the database she wants their email addies to go to her email address FIRST so that she can send a confirmation of their request.

Here is the current form:

<form action="/cgi-sys/norman.pl" method="post" name="newsletter-subscribe" target="_top" class="formStyle" id="newsletter-subscribe">
<table width="171" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="formStyle">
<tr>
<td height="48"><div align="center">
<input name="email" type="text" id="email" value="Enter Your E-Mail Here" />
<input name="Submit" type="submit" value="Subscribe" />
</div></td>
</tr>
</table>
<p align="center">
<input name="subject" type="hidden" id="subject" value="subscribe" />
<input name="recipient" type="hidden" value="me" />
<input name="redirect" type="hidden" id="redirect" value="http://www.myheartdances.com/newsletters/thankyou.htm">
</p>
</form>

We don't want to change the flow of the response to the subscriber just the flow from the time the subscriber clicks submit to how their email address gets entered into the database.

I hope my request is informative enough for your understanding.

PLEASE Help.

Thank you.

domedia
08-20-2007, 07:59 PM
You probably want to store it in the DB anyways, but add another field for active/inactive. Then have this field set to inactive until website owner confirms it.

Her interface could be a contact search based on email address. Upon submitting the email address, the form would grab the contacts info, with the option of changing the status for active/inactive.