PDA

View Full Version : Comment box - How to add to a CSS/HTML page

tommisauce
08-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi Folks,

I've searched around the forum and havent found the definitive answer to this question. I want to add a 'comments section' to a web page - much like the ones you see on general blogging sites or like this:
http://www.arsenali.co.uk/home/were-back/#comments
I would prefer it if people had to sign up as this would prevent (for want of a better word) 'idiots' posting antagonistic comments (I'm not a dictator I promise you!). How easy/complex is it to set up a system, is there ready made scripts out there and lastly is it quite straight forward to do, I warn you now I am a designer rather than a coder but I do enjoy getting my hands dirty and knowing how things work 'under the hood'. In addition, the server I am using is PHP enabled. If you require further info - just let me know.

Many thanks in advance.
TS.

m1a2x3x7
08-20-2007, 05:28 PM
I was like you when I first came here -designer not a coder but once I went through david's tutorials it opened a whole new world to me. Now I see myself sometimes in the code view more then the design view and I read more about programming now too.

You can find ready made scripts but they wont be straight foward plus you wont have that good fell of accomplishment as you would if you coded it yourself.

If you have time to learn take the time trust me well worth it.

On the main page look under tutorials for php and trust me start at the first one dont go straight to the login one.

-M