PDA

View Full Version : Complete web package

kc104
08-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Can someone give me some clarity with this. I am running Adobe macromedia studio 8. To get a large complex website running i need :
Dreamweaver
CPanel ( assuming the hosting contract uses cpanel)
XAMPP for apache/php/mysql
SQL lite manager to make writting in SQL a bit easier
CMS / mambo, joomla
What im not sure about is how all these things come together, do i need them all, and are there any other things that are needed.

edbr
08-20-2007, 10:44 AM
using xxamp, wamp apache2triad etc will have there own control panels and method of managing mysql.

cms systemsare downloadable if you want to use them

davidj
08-20-2007, 10:53 AM
OK lets look at each one

Dreamweaverspeaks for its self

CPanel ( assuming the hosting contract uses CPanel)this is just your host interface to manage your space

XAMPP for apache/php/mysqljust a shortcut to allow you to install all 3 apps in one go. To build database driven apps and site you need those installed. There are others which do the same job. There is nothing stopping you downloading them separately and installing each individually

SQL lite manager to make writing in SQL a bit easierAs it says on the Tin.. A MYSQL IDE

CMS / mambo, joomlayou don't need Dreamweaver to manipulate CMS above unless your planning to mod and skin mambo or Joomla

domedia
08-20-2007, 02:18 PM
To be honest, none of the items you described are required for a 'large complex website'.

m1a2x3x7
08-30-2007, 09:56 PM
note pad...

davidj
08-30-2007, 10:35 PM
note pad...

is that only note pad or notepad as well as the above

Torin
09-04-2007, 06:18 AM
*laughs*

Both are helpful...