PDA

View Full Version : displaced images in IE

designingdani
08-15-2007, 07:57 AM
i'm using dw cs3 to work on a site for my church. i'm using a table to position my images and they show up fine in safari and firefox, but when i open the site in internet explorer on my husband's pc the images show up about 75 pixels lower than they should appear. here's the link:

http://peopleneedgod.com

thanks in advance.

Ricky55
08-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Which pics do you mean?

Like the site BTW, didn't expect it to look like that when you mentioned church site.

Ricky55

domedia
08-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Ricky, if you look at the site in IE, you'll see that the design is broken in the white area on bottom right.

designingdani, this could have been so simple do to with CSS, not sure why you went the table way for this one.

designingdani
08-15-2007, 05:48 PM
you're probably right domedia, i'm a bit of a newbie at dreamweaver so i'm kinda teaching myself as i go.

d a v e
08-15-2007, 07:44 PM
cool site! but why does it open a new window from the splash (entrance/index) page?

LoveLeather
08-15-2007, 08:16 PM
How has that page been made, not because I want to replicate it, but because I think its very clever and want to understand how its done.

domedia
08-15-2007, 08:36 PM
It's a beautiful site indeed!
Photoshop?

designingdani
08-15-2007, 10:11 PM
thanks for all the positive feedback. i did most of the work in photoshop and then just used roll-over images in a table (which i am finding in my research is a backwards way to do things). i'm a graphic designer who has been pulled into the world of web kicking and screaming all the way. this is only my second website.

to answer your question dave, the church wants to market this site to the community without coming off too "churchy" but still offer a way to get to the church's website so that is why there is faux splash page. the church's site right now is a template design, not a contracted design job and they will eventually get rid of it and use the site i'm working on now so the "enter site" page acts as a gateway between the two sites until that happens.