PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal Scrolling Images

grungefreak
08-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi,

I have tried finding this but have had no luck so far.

I am looking to place a div on my page that contains about 4-6 images side by side.I want them to scroll left and right within the div.

Is there a tutorial on here in php or (if I really really need to!) in javascript that can achieve same. I have tried using the "overflow" property in CSS but it only produces a scroll bar which looks naff.

Thanking you in advance.

GF

gmcrone
08-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Create a seperate html page with just your pics in it wide enough to fit all your pics side by side.
Save it as pics.html or whatever.

On your page where you want them to appear, create an Iframe in the div where you want them to go and make the source of the Iframe your pics.html

Mike...

grungefreak
08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Great thanks GM. I have never used an iFrame so thanks for the heads up.

gf

grungefreak
08-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Mike,

I did as you said but it looks identical to just setting the div CSS "overflow" to "true". I just get a scroll bar with images inside it.

Maybe this is what should happen but I was kind of hoping for something a bit nicer on the eye.Am I asking too much from iFrames and CSS?

gf

domedia
08-15-2007, 01:57 AM
I used to do this with DW. There's some extensions that will let you make div's (layers) scroll when you mouseover or clicks on other elements. I'm pretty sure it was from projectseven.com

grungefreak
08-15-2007, 09:12 AM
I used to do this with DW. There's some extensions that will let you make div's (layers) scroll when you mouseover or clicks on other elements. I'm pretty sure it was from projectseven.com

Thanks Dom,

I'll have a look but I'm doing my best to hand code everything this year for the pure stress of it!

Will take a look at project 7 later.

What a forum!

gf

domedia
08-15-2007, 02:48 PM
ah, in that case you need to use some advanced (I think, I no good with JS) Javascripting.