PDA

View Full Version : I would welcome any advice on my site

LoveLeather
08-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi, please take a moment to check www.loveleather.co.uk (http://www.loveleather.co.uk) and let me know if there is anything you find hard to navigate or I caould improve on. The site is still not 100% as I have all the leather colour links to add text too.

davidj
08-06-2007, 10:42 PM
i like it

maybe would be better to have the lady and the bed in a banner (makes me want to buy a headboard!!!!). Its good but it would be nice to see an image in the banner which followed the theme then you could use the content area for a comapny intro

also i am using a res of 1024 x 768 so when i change a sample using your thumb image sample thingy the browser jumps to the top which looses the thumbs below. It would be nice to have the thumbs available without scrolling down every time i click. You could revisit this or simply add an anchor to the thumbs so it scrolls down automatically.

over all though its a nice site

LoveLeather
08-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Yes, I will have to move the thumbs to the side and enter my colour description at the bottom. Im just in the middle of putting some PayPal logos on too.

I will have a think about the banner, the right side isnt great.

Thank you

domedia
08-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I think it looks great. Only 2 things that was appearant to me:
1. The image of the girl on the bed is used twice on the homepage.
2. Page headers, as in 'The Headboard - Specification', is hard to read on the background, create some more contrast by using a darker color like #555555 for example

LoveLeather
08-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Yea I would like a differant front page picture and change some text too, now that the site is really coming on and I am quite confident designing, I can give more time to the content and design rather than trying to work out DW, FTP, PHP, blah blah blah.

The colours look OK on my machine, but I will take a look at that.

Thanks for the comments, it really does help to hear what people think about the navigation.