PDA

View Full Version : Pop-Up on hover only?

OnslaughtX
08-02-2007, 05:53 AM
Hey all, you guys were a great help last time, so I figured I'd press my luck. I have my gallery all sorted out, with a headliner/image for each section that is just a gif. What I'd like to have, as opposed to my gallery icons which give you pop-up windows via Behaviors when you click on them, is a small pop-up when you hover on the title. This little window will just have a small bit of descriptive text and a background color, nothing more.

I tried using the Behavior hover, but it didn't help, because it would just open an entirely new pop-up window each time I went over it. I want it to open while hovering, stay open while hovering the mouse over it, then close the moment I remove the mouse from that area.

I'm a bit new to Dreamweaver and HTML still, so what is the simplest way for me to do this? Thanks everyone once again. If I need to be more specific please let me know!

domedia
08-02-2007, 12:13 PM
In your behaviours panel, change the trigger from onclick to onmouseover

OnslaughtX
08-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks but I already tried that. Every time I move the mouse cursor off the link image and then back on, it opens yet another new window. I want it to remain closed until I hover over it, remain open while I'm hovering over it, and then close itself automatically once I move the mouse off of the image.

Mark_W
08-02-2007, 07:35 PM
OnMouseOut to restore it to close it
OnMouseOver to open it.

Post the code your currently using.

domedia
08-02-2007, 08:02 PM
This is a really strange way to ask a window to act.
Are you sure you're not wanting to get a tooltip instead?

Mark_W
08-02-2007, 08:11 PM
OnMouseOut to restore it to close it
OnMouseOver to open it.

Post the code your currently using.

Ohhhh I didn't read your post properly. I don't think my suggestion is what you want.

Cant help you I'm afraid.

kate
08-02-2007, 08:26 PM
<a href="javascript:window.close()" style="text-decoration:none;"><span style="border:1px solid gray;width:15px;text-align:center;font-size:8pt;cursor:hand;">X</span></a>

lol it opens and then closes. Its supposed to be a CSS trick but more like javascript.

Its just to mess with not a solution.

OnslaughtX
08-03-2007, 04:30 AM
Thanks again everyone. Yeah, I guess what I wanted turned out to be a tooltip. Whoops. As I said, still new to this. Thanks though, I really appreciate the help! I think I'm all set, so have a good one everybody!