PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on Link Colors

NewLeafWebsites
08-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Greetings everyone!

I have a page where there are several different color layers. Some are dark, and some a light.

Is there a way to have different link colors displayed on the same page? Right now my link color under page properties is set up to white so it displays on the darker background layers (the main body of the page), but I have on layer that's white but I need to have links in there as well.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for any help! :smile:

domedia
08-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi NewLeafWebsites and welcome to the forums. This has been asked many times, a quick search should reveal them.

NewLeafWebsites
08-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Okay, I've done the search (sorry about that... it's been so long since I've been on a forum I forgot about the feature...)

However, everything I read says to just change the color of the link in the properties box and it will make a new style for it. That's doesn't happen when I do mine.

I have the page properties set to white, but I just want one link to be blue. But when I highlight that link, and change it to the color I want, it just changes the color back to white.

So, I created a style in CSS "style 20" and just made it blue. I put the link on style 20, and it says it's on style 20 in the drop down box.... but the link is still white.

Is it because I have the page properties set to white? Do I have to get rid of the a:link in CSS and then change every link I've created back to white individually by putting it on it's own style?

Thanks for any help.

domedia
08-05-2007, 11:35 AM
You have to make separate classes and then use the pseudo elements :link, :hover, :active, :visited, for each class.

NewLeafWebsites
08-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Ah... that's what I need to know.

Thanks for the answer domedia!

(I'll be doing searches from now too ... :wink: )

minpot
08-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Hi NewLeafWebsites and welcome to the forums. This has been asked many times, a quick search should reveal them.

You should not be so hard on the new and not experienced people that come to this forum . . . . that is all i wanted to share with you
:) Have a wonderful day

domedia
08-07-2007, 12:36 PM
You should not be so hard on the new and not experienced people that come to this forum . . . . that is all i wanted to share with you
:) Have a wonderful day Yes, if I'm too hard on them let me know, we don't want that to happen. This should be a place where everyone can hang out. Thanks for the reminder, minpot.