PDA

View Full Version : Basic Design Help

kahuba
07-31-2007, 10:16 PM
I started the design of my site using absolute divs. Thinking of going back and using div tags instead. Regardless, it got me thinking about how i wanted my individual pages to load. I want the menu bar and header to remain after someone clicks a button on my menu bar. For instance, a user clicks "About Me" from the above menu bar. The header and menu bar are still visible while the "About Me" page loads underneath. I purchased the CS3 Missing Manual, but i havent been able to find much on what i'm looking for. Help!

Mark_W
07-31-2007, 10:43 PM
huh? if I have understood correctly, then you simply need to just change the code which would appear in the content area below the menu bar.

So far example:

index.html

<body>
<div> HEADER </div>

<div> MENU BAR </div>

<div> THIS IS THE INDEX PAGE CONTENT AREA</div>

</body>

Then either redo the coding, or copy and paste the code, or save the page as 'something.html'.

So,

about.html

<body>
<div> HEADER </div>

<div> MENU BAR </div>

<div> THIS IS THE ABOUT PAGE CONTENT AREA</div>

</body>

domedia
07-31-2007, 11:46 PM
I recommend having separate pages for your content. You could have a one page wonder doing what you are describing, and simply show/hide divs based on mouseclicks. Cool for you maybe, but your users will hate you for it. It basically comes down to who you design the site for, who your audience is; yourself or others ;)