PDA

View Full Version : Locked out of DW by "Server Busy" message?

gdmch
07-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi,

I use DW-8. Recently, when starting DW, I began getting a "Server Busy" dialog box popping up saying:

"This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose "Switch To" to activate the busy program and correct the problem."

The "Cancel" option is ghosted out in this dialog box. And when I click the "Switch To" option as instructed it merely opens the Start Button menu leaving me wondering what on earth I should be doing next!

So, at that point I am stuck. With no "Cancel" button available I have to do a "CTRL-ALT-DEL" to get out of the situation by shutting DW down (which has failed to even start up proplerly).

Invariably, when all this is happening (and no other application are or have been running in addition to DW) there is a background SVCHOST32.EXE running that is impossible to shut down (this is never the case at any other time).

All I can do at that point is shut down my PC - reboot - and try again. This usually gets me back into DW - but not always. Driving me nuts!

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

And what I can do to get rid of the problem?

:confused:

Gordon

kate
07-30-2007, 07:33 PM
What version are you on at the moment?

If DW8 then go to Adobe and update, if that fails then re-install DW.

Good luck!

:mrgreen:

davidj
07-30-2007, 07:34 PM
try reinstalling dreamweaver

davidj
07-30-2007, 07:35 PM
darn

she beat me to it

kate
07-30-2007, 07:54 PM
What kept ya...lmaooooooooooo

gdmch
07-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi Kate & David

I have udpdated to 8.2 and that seems to be helping. I think though that the "locked out problem" may have had something to do with shutting down the comodo firewall software prior to working with DW.

Fingers crossed the problems has gone - while I still have some hair :-)

Thanks to you both.

Gordon

kate
07-31-2007, 05:04 PM
Your most welcome Gordon!

:D