PDA

View Full Version : Qualifications

cocoonfx
07-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Hello

I was thinking of getting some formal qualifications in web design and development. I have not really got a clue really what is industry recognised or where to go to get the qualification.

Any one got any ideas?

Kind regards
James

davidj
07-30-2007, 01:15 PM
don't know

i don't have any

normally though i think because the industry is relatively new they accept experience above the paper work. A good portfolio is worth allot more than a qualification. I do however think that a project management course would be great to have in order to get the life cycle right in your own head and to shed light on how to forecast development days and come up with realistic quotes within deadlines. Time management is my weakness and i would value a course. Remember. The coding is just a very small part of a project.

cocoonfx
07-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I think your right about the project managment, i am trained in Prince2 (meant to be used by the government but that doesn't say much.) This is excellent at keeping to deadlines as you work to a project brief and thats it. The down side is its quite anal as there is very little flexiablity when you apply the principles.

I think i will work on the old portfolio got a few in the pipeline....

davidj
07-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Prince2 project managers are worth more than a web developer

not fancy doing prince work

Jittor
07-30-2007, 06:33 PM
don't know

i don't have any

LOL - that makes 2 of us. Self taught here.