PDA

View Full Version : Template help

dwnovice
07-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi, i'm new to dreamweaver and webdesign and i have a question that is probably simple, but like i said...i'm new.

I've created a template and then created 6 pages with it. I've filled the editable regions of these pages but stupidly i didnt all the template.

So here's the thing, I want to update the template but when i save it i only want to update selected ares of the template on the other pages?
What is this called and how do i do it?

I really would appreciate your advice on this and no doubt i will be back with other, probably just as simple, problems:grin:

kate
07-28-2007, 02:56 PM
There are editable, and uneditable regions in a Dreamweaver template. Is this what you mean?

Editable Regions:

This is probably the most important aspect of a dreamweaver template. A defined editable region details parts of a page which are editable. Anything that falls outside an editable region cannot be edited within a page created using a template. (Provided editable regions are setup). A common scenario would be to place all content that will be changed across pages into editable regions. Everything that should remain consistent, such as navigation, any images, colours and positioning can be outside an editable region, meaning that changes cannot be made on a page created from the template.

:mrgreen:

dwnovice
07-28-2007, 03:14 PM
thanks Kate,

i'd already created editable regions but didnt "test" whether i could update the template without messing up the content. Now i can get on with my links, lol.
Thanks Kate, i'd have never known.

I'll be back soon with a mysql question, i can see it on the horizon just waiting to cause a problem.

kate
07-28-2007, 03:30 PM
lmaoooooooooooo

Glad you got sorted.

I'll be back soon with a mysql question

~shakes head~ nononono see -->David<--....ahahahahhaha I don't even understand my own mysql..:mrgreen: