PDA

View Full Version : Giving Up

Newin
07-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Hello again!

Yestarday i spent the whole day putting my site together, I created a main template and then aplied it to all my pages, it looks great on my desktop but on my Lap top it looks so different (different colors)
Could anyone tell what is the problem with my site????
www.pcnetsimplified.com (http://www.pcnetsimplified.com)

kate
07-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Hello,

Post your HTML by clicking the icon that looks like this # - thanks it keeps the posts tidy.

Also do the same with your CSS.

Someone will then look at all your coding and try to help you.

I did put it through W3C validator here:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.pcnetsimplified.com&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

:mrgreen:

Newin
07-27-2007, 07:50 PM
This is my HTML code.. When I look at my website on my desktop it looks as I created it, (same colors and all), when I look at it on my LapTop it looks different, (only the colors). """I was changing the colors manually and it worked a bit, check the home page of my website and then check the learn page" it iwll look different.
HTML code http://www.pcnetsimplified.com/scodetest.html
I hope someone can help me...

Thank you in advance

kate
07-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Before anything else,

Have you looked at the proerties in the laptop and tried to change things so the page looks right?

Right click the desktop:
Select Properties:
Select Settings Tab:
Select Advanced tab:

Make sure you know what you are doing and remember to save the changes.I t seems others are having the same problem - colour difference between site colour display and Laptop colour display.

Good luck!
:mrgreen:

davidj
07-27-2007, 08:48 PM
you have just discovered the difference between monitors

you will never see a site that is the same across different monitors. Infact some colors appear completly different from orange > brown and greens > greys

Newin
07-28-2007, 03:32 AM
Is there a way to try to keep it as close as possible?

davidj
07-28-2007, 12:03 PM
nope

its a machine setting. Every screen is different and calibrated differently

you cant foresee how the user has setup their color settings

kate
07-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Hya,

Its as I though, like David said, and here is what Adobe say to be certain we are all speaking the same language.

I know Apple has been notorious for this of late, but I don't know your laptop's brand but I assume the same thing. There are differences in the monitor types if you look when you build a custom laptop. These choices are usually a glossy screen or an anti-glare screen. Usually the latter is what is given because there are typically more sales from non-design use as opposed to design use. While there is usually not a price difference this is often the case.

Unfortunately there is no real solution to this. Because you can't just replace the screen of your laptop monitor, you would have to replace the entire thing. Just be careful the next time you go to buy a laptop if you are buying it for design purposes.

I feel real sorry for you newin but thats it, no more you can do.

:x

Newin
07-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Well. I changed the "content area" color to white, and I think other computers can recognize it that way!!
I wanted to give up but i guess it is part of the process!!!

Thank you guys...:mrgreen:

d a v e
07-28-2007, 09:13 PM
btw the drop shadows on your top navigation (Home, learn , etc) make the text hard to read and aren't really necessary ;)

[edit: added smiley so you know i'm being friendly and not harsh :)]

kate
07-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Glad to see you hav'nt given up newin!

:D

Newin
07-30-2007, 03:40 PM
I have been working a bit hard on "how to put together this website". I think I finally know a bit of what I'm doing and that makes it a lot easier. Thank you guys for all your help.

BTW D A V E: The shadows are not nessesary? or the top navigation?
('-')

Mark_W
07-30-2007, 05:15 PM
I am going through a similar piece of hassle Newin. However mine is with Internet Explorer displaying my website as though it has been eaten by Microsoft and been passed out the other end.

If only Microsoft would learn to display website as they have been intended to like Mozilla and other browsers.

However it would be a boring world if everything was the same.

d a v e
07-30-2007, 07:28 PM
i mean the shadows aren't necessary :)