PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on my newest site...

carolinawebdesign
07-25-2007, 05:54 PM
I grabbed this template and really liked the way it looked, but am stumped... Are the main pages too dark? I need to add graphics and all, but just wanted other designers' opinions...

Also, do you like the virtual host idea on the contact us page or is it too corny? I would have to pay about $10-$20 a month to have her on there but just wanted your opinions before I actually sign up for it after my free trial ends this week.

http://www.carolinawebdesign.org/home.html

Thanks in advance, I do take constructive criticism well. :lol:

Jittor
07-25-2007, 06:03 PM
I kinda like dark sites so I didn't mind it. I usually can't stand the virtual host but that one wasn't to bad. Is it really worth $10-$20 a month though? That's kinda steep. Also, don't forget the hearing impaired as they will have no idea what that is saying.

carolinawebdesign
07-25-2007, 06:06 PM
That is what I am wondering about the virtual host. I could see spending it if she would really make people feel more comfortable. That is my voice and sometimes I might sound too high, if you kwim? You think?

Jittor
07-25-2007, 06:40 PM
WOW, that was your voice, that's kinda cool. I didn't think it sounded to high, but honestly I wouldn't pay that much for it. Contact forms are pretty cut and dry in my opinion. You just fill them out and click send, so the VH might be redundant. Really it up to you though.

kate
07-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Lose the girl...lmaoooooooooooo

Bring in Steven Segal..HAHAHAAHAHa

Be ok when your menu leads somewhere, I like the effect of the menu btw.

Good work Carolina!

Jittor
07-25-2007, 08:09 PM
"Bring in Steven Segal..HAHAHAAHAHa"

YAAAAAA!

davidj
07-25-2007, 09:24 PM
did someone call!

Jittor
07-25-2007, 09:37 PM
LOL - smooth!

kate
07-25-2007, 09:43 PM
I am saying nothing because David will close threads making us look the guilty party...lmaoooooooooooo

He thinks I don't know that he already has done that making it look like I said he was lush...little toe rag...hahahahahahah

carolinawebdesign
07-25-2007, 11:50 PM
You are all too funny. What do you mean by you "like the effect of the menu?" I designed that myself, each button in photoshop...

By the way, did you read my history? Do you think it's too long?

More comments!

davidj
07-26-2007, 12:01 AM
He thinks I don't know that he already has done that making it look like I said he was lush

**{{{whistling a tune while looking in a different direction. lOOKING completely Innocent}}}**

kate
07-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Good morning all,

Yes you my well try to whistle your way out of it...:mrgreen:

**{{{whistling a tune while looking in a different direction. lOOKING completely Innocent}}}**

:lol: :lol:

Hmm...the effect well, unlike IPB I can't see the link from here. IPB will open the whole topic in a new winder. Maybe I liked the way the menu loaded on the page.

I am used to working with Swishmax animation effects...and it must have reminded me of an effect in the max..:lol:

carolinawebdesign
07-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Hmm...the effect well, unlike IPB I can't see the link from here. IPB will open the whole topic in a new winder. Maybe I liked the way the menu loaded on the page.
I am used to working with Swishmax animation effects...and it must have reminded me of an effect in the max..:lol:

Ok, I must be sooo new to this, but what is IPB, and are you referring to carolinawebdesign . org? Sorry it is first thing in the AM and my brain is not awake yet.

kate
07-26-2007, 07:57 PM
:mrgreen:

IPB = Invision Power Board, its a software for forums.

Have fun

;-)