PDA

View Full Version : Hi does anybody know of any great tools to add to your cms?

nanny
07-23-2007, 02:12 AM
Hi I am wanting to create an admin for the website I am creating and wanting to be able to change the css etc. online so that if I am away from my computer I can access online anytime and change the webpage background color, font etc.
I am also wanting to know how to upload images to an online editor first to make optimised.
I am using openwebware html editor for the content of the articles in my textarea. It allows you to upload images etc. Very fast and efficient enough for what I want to use it for.
But sometimes if you have images too large you want to optimise them first.
Does anybody have any ideas?

This isn't a simple form filled out and upload to database and resize to say thumb.....
You see people send in their press releases with images via email, so I need to edit them before placing online.
Cheers

davidj
07-23-2007, 07:28 AM
I am creating and wanting to be able to change the css etc. online so that if I am away from my computer I can access online anytime and change the webpage background color, font etc.

so much work for so little in return. Are you sure you want to spend this time doing this and is your client aware of how much more it will cost for a toy.

Cant you just create a few themes which can be switched via a button?

if you really want to do this you could create a table to hold all your CSS values and have a PHP script that creates the CCS file on the fly.

regarding your image opt requirements...

what about using this...

http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/