PDA

View Full Version : Studio 8 to CS3

m1a2x3x7
07-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Ok I have Studio 8 and am wanting to up grade to CS3 but the problem is I have the student edition of 8 and I just graduated and am wanting to purchase the non student version but Im wondering if I can just upgrade or will I have to purchase the full package?

Thanks

chriskq
07-23-2007, 01:46 AM
lol.... good question.

Wouldnt you try and get the student edition if you can. I mean it'll save you hundreds of dollars.

Otherwise bite the bullet and burn a hole in your wallet

m1a2x3x7
07-23-2007, 01:50 AM
being that the student edition is non profit software and i freelance with it I might get in trouble

kate
07-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Q. Can students order Upgrade Plan for their licenses?

A. No. Student licenses are treated like retail (shrinkwrap) licenses, which do not offer Upgrade Plan. Students may purchase commerical upgrades for their licenses when new versions of products are released.

:mrgreen:

m1a2x3x7
07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Students may purchase commerical upgrades for their licenses when new versions of products are released.

So is that a yes? Thats kind of a confusing statement.

So I can pay the $499.00 upgrade price?

d a v e
07-23-2007, 08:02 PM
i would have thought you can only upgrade from student - student and likewise for 'normal' versions. why not contact adobe/look on the adobe site?

kate
07-23-2007, 09:12 PM
If your no longer a student then no, you can't have a student's licence.

Student licence is for students..:D
Adobe has recently announced the NEW Adobe Creative Suite 3 range. Students or staff members who purchased the current versions post-announcement (27/03/2007) are eligible for a FREE upgrade to the new CS3 range when they begin shipping. Students will need to contact Adobe Customer Services for fulfilment of the upgrade.

Student Eligibility:

Students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction. Full or part time students enrolled at Higher Education Establishments defined as accredited public or private university or college that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time study.
Customers will only be able to register one copy of each product in a 12 month period.
The box only contains the product CD and a form, which the student needs to complete and send to Adobe to receive the serial number via e-mail. The box does not contain a serial number or manuals for the program.
Product licenses are limited to one per customer. This license may only be used on a privately-owned computer. The product may not be used for commercial purposes.What is considered proof of student status?

Students must provide a valid, current student ID that includes name, date, and a photo. If you do not have a current student ID with name, date, and photo, you must instead provide a valid photo ID and corroborating evidence of current enrolment:

- Official, current non-photo student ID with name and date
- Official, current school transcript indicating name of school and student
- Official, current school tuition bill indicating name of school and student
- Official, current report card indicating name of school and student
- Other official dated proof of enrolment
Actually its not you that gets the licence its your tutor as far as I can tell.

m1a2x3x7
07-23-2007, 10:00 PM
i don't want a student license again. I'm just wondering if I can get any discount for purchasing the commercial license. Or upgrading from student to commercial.

d a v e
07-24-2007, 05:11 AM
kate answered that in her last post ;)

kate
07-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks Dave!

M1A: listen to me..:D

You prolly only get a discount as a STUDENT..alrighty?

Register at Adobe and then contact them with your question but I think you need to buy from scratch, only if you bought a full then upgrade do you get a discount but I could be wrong.

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/openoptions/student.html

Read the above because untill you do no posts will be added from me anyway, you asked yesterday the same question and my answer is still the same. If your not a student then you have no longer any rights to cash offers on the Adobe family software.

RESOLVED

davidj
07-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Oooo i feel all warm inside

very domineering

hehe

kate
07-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Well,

Same question all over time after time. I have patience, but not for ever!

Lmaoooooo @You and domineerinance - my new word of the day...ahahaahah

m1a2x3x7
07-24-2007, 11:44 AM
If your no longer a student then no, you can't have a student's licence.

Student licence is for students..:D
Adobe has recently announced the NEW Adobe Creative Suite 3 range. Students or staff members who purchased the current versions post-announcement (27/03/2007) are eligible for a FREE upgrade to the new CS3 range when they begin shipping. Students will need to contact Adobe Customer Services for fulfilment of the upgrade.

Student Eligibility:
Students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction. Full or part time students enrolled at Higher Education Establishments defined as accredited public or private university or college that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time study.
Customers will only be able to register one copy of each product in a 12 month period.
The box only contains the product CD and a form, which the student needs to complete and send to Adobe to receive the serial number via e-mail. The box does not contain a serial number or manuals for the program.
Product licenses are limited to one per customer. This license may only be used on a privately-owned computer. The product may not be used for commercial purposes.What is considered proof of student status?
Students must provide a valid, current student ID that includes name, date, and a photo. If you do not have a current student ID with name, date, and photo, you must instead provide a valid photo ID and corroborating evidence of current enrolment:

- Official, current non-photo student ID with name and date
- Official, current school transcript indicating name of school and student
- Official, current school tuition bill indicating name of school and student
- Official, current report card indicating name of school and student
- Other official dated proof of enrolmentActually its not you that gets the licence its your tutor as far as I can tell.

none of this answered my question...all this is about is eligible student license's. I said "I GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE" (right there shows I'm no longer a student) "I WANT TO PURCHASE A COMMERCIAL LICENSES" (there shows I no longer want a student edition.)

but its cool I got it figured out. I love you all :mrgreen:

d a v e
07-24-2007, 01:34 PM
are you sure you graduated from college? :)

m1a2x3x7
07-24-2007, 03:08 PM
I think...:confused:

kate
07-24-2007, 04:24 PM
are you sure you graduated from college? :)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

~Puts hands round M1A's throat enough to choke~....argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggge

:mrgreen: