PDA

View Full Version : Simple Navigation

BetaChi
07-21-2007, 03:32 AM
As you can tell Im quite new at this. But I have one question for right now. I am looking to make just a simple, horizontal navigation bar, links to my different pages, such as "About Us", etc... Ive read on how to make complicated, rollover bars, but I just want to make one where you click on the specific text and go to that page. Would I make an image in Fireworks and then figure out how to link the certain words, or do I just use the text in dreamweaver? Im sorry if I have made the question complicated, I guess im just not sure on how to explain what Im looking to do.

kate
07-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Hi,

No need for FW untill you know for sure how to use DW then you can start buliding pages to equal Steven Spielburg..:mrgreen:

Go to insert Flash button a box will appear and make you a nice new button. For text linking I just explained that here, if I misread then please post again and bawl me out:

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26101
You could of course have down the right:

<ul>
<li sausages</li>
<li>shop some more</li>
</ul>

Then link sausage text to a page called sausage.htm or html
;-)

BetaChi
07-22-2007, 02:53 AM
Thank you very much! I used the text hyperlink (now just have to figure out how to be able to change the color). But thank you again!

kate
07-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Hello,

Thats an easy one. Make sure you have the property Inspector in your view -->window -->properties then click your text/image and you can change everything you need there.

Look at my image below:

Buttons in DW are also easy to do just go to insert -->Flash object (forget at the minute not had breakfast yet lol) and do what you like, names colours design.

Anyway to chaging your colour here is that image:

:mrgreen: