PDA

View Full Version : PHP database help!

tcdy01
07-17-2007, 05:58 PM
I have been following the PHP database tutorials and have tried to copy everything that I was being shown.
After creating the dwc.php page I pressed F12 as said. It was meant to bring up some information from the database I previously constructed.
Instead it came up with
Not Found

The requested URL /Test/Images/dwc.php was not found on this server

I tried to find that file on the remote server and it was there. so dont have a clue what was happening!

can someone help?!

Thanks
Tim :-D

edbr
07-18-2007, 12:54 AM
it must be the wrong path I would think. check /Test is looking for an folder called /Test. ../Test perhaps?

davidj
07-18-2007, 08:53 AM
your WWW root dir is pointing to the installed path of WAMP5 which is in C:/ i think

you would have been given the option to change this to a dir of your choice when you installed WAMP

you can either reinstall WAMP or create an alias to point to the directory you want PHP to process in by clicking on the icon in the systems tray and select ALIAS. You then need to follow the instructions.

my appologies
i spent allot of time trying to come up with an easy way to teach PHP that i forgot to do a walk through of the WAMP5 installation

Jaydizzle
07-21-2007, 07:52 PM
when i try to create an alias , the system pop and error message says " could not execute menu items ( interal error) [Exception] could not perform service action: the service has not been started.

davidj
07-21-2007, 08:02 PM
what color is the WAMP icon in your systems tray