PDA

View Full Version : Cs3

skilla
07-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Man the new dreamweaver CS3 is cool, I'm try to get the rest of the CS3 programs.

davidj
07-17-2007, 03:39 PM
by buying them of course

Fiery251
07-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Cool in what way?.

How do you find it compares to DW 8?.

Its just that I have read a few reviews where people are saying its not a "HUGE" step forward from DW 8.

I like the idea of Spry etc, sounds interesting, but I'm not sure about moving over to it so far.

Would be good to hear some feedback before committing the cash and going for the upgrade.

fwr1000
07-17-2007, 09:22 PM
You can download a "trial" version from the Adobe site. You don't need to uninstall 8 but can run both. If you like, buy, if not, uninstall CS3 (9) after the trail period (I think it's 30 days)

m1a2x3x7
07-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Are you kidding me "cool in what way" omg you have to watch

http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/features/

this is a designer/programmer/geeks wet dream

Fiery251
07-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Looks interesting, yeah.

I still dont see much in there that I could not add to my current DW 8 via extensions, maybe with a degree of fiddling about, granted.

I will try the demo and see how it goes. 8)

kate
07-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Remember back when DW8 surfaced,

And no one had created new ext to use, now there are a million of them, and some created for MX can still be used. Be patient.

Meanwhile here are some free and not so free for CS3 from a friend you may already know - most do..:mrgreen:

All Commercial extensions are compatible with Adobe Dreamweaver CS3

http://www.projectseven.com/extensions/listing.htm

Some really nice ext there to wet your appetite.

:mrgreen:

m1a2x3x7
07-22-2007, 01:14 AM
i have never used an ext for dreamweaver. any of them worth while?

kate
07-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Have a look at my link!
:D

m1a2x3x7
07-22-2007, 10:10 PM
i did...nothing interested me =/

davidj
07-22-2007, 10:12 PM
extensions add allot of balast

you can usually write your own solution in a little more time

i get what they are about but i have yet to find one i want to use

m1a2x3x7
07-22-2007, 10:31 PM
i think thats what my deal is...id rather come up with my own solution than use someone else's or a built in one.

davidj
07-23-2007, 07:08 AM
much more control

and when the extension dosnt quite work where do they come? Yes Here!

my display time extension doesnt work the way i want... I want it to insert, update, delete from my database, format dates and display the time in 4 countries... Oh and i dont know any code nor will i understand anything you tell me so dont show me code unless your going to tell me where to paste it. Oh and i dont want to learn (why would i when i have extensions) so this means i want you to write it for me!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

not quite finished ..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAARRGH !!!!

kate
07-23-2007, 07:44 AM
and when the extension dosnt quite work where do they come? Yes Here!

David lolol

There are a ton of Dreamweaver help via newgroups, and forums. What I would do if its someone else's extension is send them back to where they either bought or got it free. I doubt the free ones will have much if any support but certainly project seven is really good on supoort for all his etensions free or bought.

Extensions save a lot of designing time. I liked the one that Macromedia had for the menu, they later released it to the public, I have it somewhere and one day when time allows and I build my dog site then I will use it. No, I love extensions.

Promise I won't ask you for support..lmaooooooooooo

:mrgreen:

davidj
07-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Promise I won't ask you for support

for you i would walk over burning coals!!!

just dont ask for extension help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davidj
07-23-2007, 09:12 AM
send them back to where they either bought or got it free

yep... Thats what i do now

Extensions save a lot of designing time.

only if you dont require any help with it. If i find one of my functions doesnt work i fix it. It may take an additional 5 -10 mins but it will be fixed. If you run into trouble with an extension and you dont understand the code then you have to wait for a support email! this could be 10 mins - 10 days - or never.

thats the time saving up the spout.

kate
07-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Oh shut up

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

davidj
07-23-2007, 09:33 PM
hehe

1 nil

kate
07-24-2007, 06:55 AM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:D I forgot about that after I left...ehehehehehehehe

5h4k42u1u
07-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Don't know if anyone tried to use the spry tools, but i have to say i'm not impressed. Actually, i'm impressed with the visual aspect (like the widgets and tables and such) but the practicality is not that robust, because of browsers cross domain security issues. i tried using the Spry tables with an rss feed and it didn't work in FF but worked in IE. then i tried a local xml file and it worked with FF but not with IE. So i'm back to doing stuff by hand, or going in and changing up the produced code, which i haven't figured out yet.

Has anyone else had the same issues?