PDA

View Full Version : create new document from Template LINK PROBLEMS

Jeniveve
07-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Please someone help me :confused:

When I create a new document from a template in Dreamweaver 8.02 Dreamweaver turns all my links into local links. For example a link that was originally ../../../style.css becomes file:///C|/Program%20Files/Apache%20Group/Apache2/style.css. I have already read the tech note about updating to 8.02 and going to site management and choosing "Don't rewrite Document Relative Paths" in the Templates section. I tried both checking and unchecking the box and the paths do not change, they still are converted to local links.

I have gone to Edit/Preferences and tried changing the "Update Links When Moving Files" to "Never" and it still changes the links to local...

Basically I have tried everything I can think of and everything Adobe has listed as potential issues that could cause this problem and I have posted this same help request on 3 different forums including Adobe's Dreamweaver Forum and the problem is still not resolved...

Can someone out there help me so that I can use my templates?!? I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you!
Jennifer

domedia
07-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Sounds like you have nor properly set up your site definitions before making the template.