PDA

View Full Version : want to sell my photos online

tallaghtspur
07-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi all,
ive created my site in dreamweaver but i want to try and sella few of my prints. I have noticed a few sites that feature shopping baskets etc but iu think this might be too complicated seeing as though ive never done any programing or advanced web apps. Is there an easier way to sell my images directly from my site to the potential buyers? ideally they could select the image and print size they wanted from the interface of my site instead of re-directing them to an online store in somewhere like ebay.
Any advice would great with this as im a bit out of my deoth when it comes to this end of it.....
thanks a million

m1a2x3x7
07-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Here's what I used before I learned PHP.

mals-e.com

You can link the payments to a paypal account.

domedia
07-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Here's another ideas:
There websites that will do most of the selling of photos for you. If you're a professional, some of the larger stock companies might sell your portfolio. If you're more of a hobby photographer, but think that your stuff is good enough for the commercial market, you can try something like istockphoto.com. I've made a little money there, and it's very easy to use.

But now I realize you might not even be talking about photographs..

tallaghtspur
07-11-2007, 05:26 PM
thanks thus far... and domedia, yes it is photographs. Basically im a hobbiest and have been for years shooting black and white travel, people and documentry photographs and i want to sell a selection of my portfolio online from my website... each hand printed and signed. So whatever way people see as the best way to do thi, advice would be welcomed.
Although regarding selling through a third part, this may also interest me, if any one has any further info please post.
thanks a million

domedia
07-11-2007, 06:51 PM
istockphoto.com, the website I mentioned, only sells downloadable digital versions of your photos. You don't get much for each download, but if your photos are great, you can make some money. If it sounds like something that is for you, check them out and see what you think, it's probably much better than me trying to explain in details all the intricacies of their system.

If you want to do this with Dreamweaver yourself, it takes a bit of experience and knowledge. How skilled are you in web development? Did you also consider something along the line of Yahoo Shops? http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/ecommerce/

tallaghtspur
07-12-2007, 12:00 AM
hi domedia, my experience with dreamweaver aint what it used to be but i usually build basic enough sites for friends shocasing their work, service or art... nothing more than building sites that feature text, images and audio.
Im just looking at earning a few extra bucks and getting my photography work out there.

domedia
07-12-2007, 12:51 AM
I'd say give istockphoto a try. You can always bail out if it doesn't suit you and it costs nothing 8)

LoveLeather
07-12-2007, 07:00 PM
PayPal offers a free cart if you look into it, all the code is there to copy and paste into your site. Im sure it will be tricky but Im sure you will get there.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/sc-intro-outside

edbr
07-13-2007, 06:26 AM
my favourite is cpcommerce, a free source shopping cart with paypal and other payment modules and it has I think a download file section included