PDA

View Full Version : How do I get text to appear on screen, line by line..??

loleary
07-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Hey there,

I'm a dreamweaver newbie and must say I'm very impressed by how powerful a tool it is.

Anyhoo, I want my text in the body to appear on screen line by line when it's loaded into the browser, ie without any user interaction. Cant figure out how to accomplish this.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated!!

Many thanks,
Liz.

edbr
07-10-2007, 11:05 AM
not sure what you mean.
shift +enter breaks for a new line, is that what you mean?

loleary
07-10-2007, 11:15 AM
sorry, i should have been clearer...

its not a formatting issue. the text is correctly formatted.

my issue is that when the page is running i.e. loaded into the browser, i want my body of text to appear staggered on screen, i.e. the user will see one line of text appear on screen (at a time) until all the text has been output to screen...

hope this clears it up a bit!

domedia
07-10-2007, 12:54 PM
You won't be able to do that with regular web text.
If you made an animated movie in Flash, you'd be more successful. But if this is for website content; why on earth would you do that to your users?

loleary
07-10-2007, 01:04 PM
It sounds worse than it is... i'm developing a welcome page and there is only 3 lines of text in the body!! so the effect i'm after wouldn't be 2 annoying!

domedia
07-10-2007, 01:17 PM
You're right. That doesn't sound too bad 8) If the text is flash though, search engines can't read it :-/

loleary
07-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Ok, well its for an internal website so not concerned bout search engines accessing the site, but that is good to know for the future!

Anyhoo, thanks for the help.

Talk to ya..................