PDA

View Full Version : link colors

minpot
07-10-2007, 07:49 AM
I assume, cause i dont know exactly, that default link colors in DW are blue, and purple when visited.
Now i have set my links in page properties so all my links have the same color according to the scheme color i'm using ; BUT when i am setting a behavior that an image opens in a new browser window to have a bigger view of it, i cannot have them have that little frame they show as they are links, to be the same as my links i have set up in the page properties . . . .they automatically go to the dafault blue/purple color which does not look good at all with my color scheme.
Anyone with any advise here?
Thank you.

domedia
07-10-2007, 12:50 PM
No code provided so I'm just guessing again. I think you have not specified general rules for your links. If you add these rules to your style sheet and apply the style sheet to all the pages, it will work:
a:link {color: black;}
a:visited{color: black;}
a:hover {color: red;}
a:active {color: black;}

minpot
07-10-2007, 10:19 PM
What i dont know how to do is to apply the style you are telling me, or whatever one i choose to apply, to all my pages . . . . . i have a main style sheet with all my rules and i have a similar code as you are giving me but with no specifications on the colors, because the way i know how to do it is to page properties on my template and then save it , but not on my style sheet. How do i add the color to my style sheet?m Do i add it directly to my code?
Sorry for my ignorance, remember i'm just a begginer here.
Thanks

minpot
07-10-2007, 10:22 PM
a {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 9px;
color: #FFFFFF;
}
a:link {
text-decoration: none;
color: #4F2700;
}
a:visited {
color: #512828;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
color: #FFCC00;
}
a:active {
}
body {
background-color: #FFFFFF;

This is my code ? How does it look to you?

domedia
07-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Looks great. Did you try it?

minpot
07-11-2007, 07:49 AM
yes , this is what i have right now for my links, BUT on the images links doesn't work . . . . the default blue/purple one is the one working and in my regular links like my navigation menu, this is the one working.
Why that?

minpot
07-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Actually this http://www.ceramicabysaida.com/gallery/gallery1.html# exactly the example i'm talking about.
Main manu has the links colors as i exactly want
the photo links dont have it.

Can u look into it and maybe you know why.
Thanks

domedia
07-11-2007, 12:37 PM
A <= this refers to anchor tags. the border is on your image, so the CSS rules will not apply to it. This is basic CSS and you should get this down quickly, it's going to save you heaps of time later 8)
You have to define your image borders in CSS if you want to change them, or set them to zero.

minpot
07-12-2007, 01:15 PM
let me tell you, when i have my images WITHOUT any anchor link to them, the border looks fine, just a thin black one that i set on the properyty editor. As soon as i have links on them , actually setting behaviors to they open in a new browser window and set the size of such a window, is when they become blue/purple on my site . . .
When i'm working under design layout on DW, the border around the photos look the same as on my links . . . . . . .
I tried to set a css to rule my image border , but it will only show on the top frame, although i set for all four frames it does not show.
Hope you understand what i'm trying to explain and guide me some more.
thanks

minpot
07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks for your advise, ur assistance make me work but by looking into it carefully I got it right.
I set a css rule for all my photos( their border) and DONE, they all now have a black border and still have my anchor links on them . .
You know, since i'm totally new here its even a bit hard to get the terminology right
thanks

domedia
07-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Glad you figured it out minpot 8)