PDA

View Full Version : w3c validation

cocoonfx
07-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Hello

I can not for the life of me work out why my site will not validate on the w3c validation site.

I have found some stupid errors i have made but i can not think what i am doing wrong......

Any assistance would be appreciated :confused:

www.cocoonfxmedia.co.uk

domedia
07-09-2007, 07:56 PM
embed tag - google 'flash satay' to see how yuo can add flash content while keeping your sourcecode valid.

-You have a ending paragraph tag after the flash stuff. It never started so just remove it.

-multiple ID's - there can only be one element with a unque ID name on a page. <li id="link"> <- I think you can easy fix this by using a class instead. so change to <li class="link"> and change in your CSS to .link as well.

That should fix all of them. Let me know if you need further help on any of these items or if new ones arises.

cocoonfx
07-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Thank you for your assistance mad the changes. I am sloppy with my coding....

davidj
07-09-2007, 08:40 PM
sloppy (as am i ) but very generous with your assistance

cocoonfx
07-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks.... :lol:

Any tips on getting some clients, get the hits but not many requests to quote.....:(

chriskq
07-10-2007, 04:10 AM
re: clients - cold calls, asking friends and family if they can suggest you to anyone, give out lots of business cards.

if all else fails - take up some contract work in the meantime

domedia
07-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Old saying: "I'ts snot what you know, but who you know"
Network, join your local chamber of commerce, get an ad in the the yellowpages etc etc 8)