PDA

View Full Version : A beginers guide to php - pt 3

anointed1
07-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I have installed the wamp software and being so new was glad to find some simple step tutorials thanks david J. I'm sure that something has gone wrong in the setup though. The error is attached below...

Many thanks for any advice in advance

P.S

I'm really new at all this:mrgreen:

Thanks again for reading

davidj
07-07-2007, 05:20 PM
please copy the error and post it here
i cant open pdf's on the playstation

anointed1
07-07-2007, 06:24 PM
The Error reads

Can't obtain database list from the server.
could not connect to the sever: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "localhost" and acepting
TCP/IP connection onj port 5432?

Thanks again

I really want to try to understand this software and php I uess this is just the first of many lessons

Cheers:mrgreen:

anointed1
07-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Does anyone else know where I can learn about this software in a step by step manner. I have managed to run some very simple php in my html files. Like declaring variables. but it seems that this software is a hurdle for me. Does the software provider provide any support for beinners or am I stuck here?

I'm not sure if I missed something in the tutorial or ??

Thanks again for any help to anyone willing to share or guide me along with some of their wisdom

Thank you:)

anointed1
07-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Hello...

Anyone out there know what I done wrong here. Can I check if wamp is installed properley. How can I check the local settings are switiched on correctly. I am also usingthe 2007 lite version I a not sure how much of a diierence that makes but I have not been able to find the 2005 version. Is anyoneese have ing this same problem. Is there anyone out there that ca actually help me..

When i type 127.0.0.7....
I'm sure that on another tutorial the mysql info should say something rather than be blank as in my images below..

Any help will be recieved with thanks

davidj
07-09-2007, 04:05 PM
add a phpinfo file to the root dir www and run it through localhost. tell me what appears

create a blank file

add...

<?php

phpinfo():

?>

then save it as phpinfo.php and then locate this in your browser using localhost

http://localhost/phpinfo.php

tell me what appears

anointed1
07-09-2007, 07:43 PM
First off I intially got an error from internet explorer telling me intranet services are now tuned off by default..
just below that I got a syntax error so i added a semi colon i think thats what it was ...
then i got a ver very long page of which I undertsood quite close to 0

Is this the output that I am supposed to get

I hope this is helping to explain my position...

Many Thanks

anointed1
07-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Shall I allow the intranet settings to be put on it seems as though localhost and 127.0.0.1 give the same or similiar output. Is there much difference and should i want to turn the setting on ..

Also what in particular should i be looking for when I have the php_info() on the screen. Would I be able to spot it. There is such a long list of things.

cheers

davidj
07-09-2007, 07:57 PM
ok PHP is installed but is that all the info it came back with??

yes enable intranet

anointed1
07-09-2007, 09:44 PM
No David there was along list of things too numerous for me to get in a screen capture. I could probably store them in a pdf file but it would be loads and loads of pages....

session

simple xml

sql lite

environment

php variabes etc etc

it ends with a header called php headers...

Am i any closer to understanding the probelm..

what else can i do...

to check all is set up properly

or register the host like in the tutorial and start to move forward ..

thanks again

davidj
07-09-2007, 09:47 PM
ok everything is ok on the PHP side

is this error comming from your ems mysql console

davidj
07-09-2007, 09:49 PM
did you download the correct EMS console

this error points to a postgreSQL db

are you sure you have the mysql version

anointed1
07-10-2007, 02:28 AM
Thanks so much for all the help... I think somewheralog the line I may have installed the wrong version... I have since downladed and reinstalled a number of time and it seems as though things are running smoothly now

I am very greatful for the advice that you have shared...