PDA

View Full Version : uploading images

jazzybelle
07-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey, I am new to web design and just started using dreamweaver...so far everything has been coming together quite well except one thing.
Whats the best way to upload an image and not have it take forever to load once on the web.
I tried slicing a .gif in photoshop but what happens is the whole image opens up in slices and it take a few seconds and looks horrible!
Is there a more effieciant way to do this?
I've seem tons of site with images all over, and there is no loading time, so I know its possible, just have no idea how.
Please help!! I'll be forever thankful...been scratching my head about this for months!:confused:
Thanks

domedia
07-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi Jazzy, it's called to image optimization in Photoshop. When you Save for Web, there's plenty of options, both for GIF and JPG images on how they can be optimized. You want to aim for as low filesize as possible, while keeping a minimum of image quality.

jazzybelle
07-02-2007, 11:46 PM
hey domedia...
I've tried that already...it still takes a while to load...any other ways to do this?
I an trying to use an image as a background...incase I didn't mention it before.
Thanks!

domedia
07-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Can you link to the original image? It sounds like you're not doing something right. Image optimization can be an art in itself.

jazzybelle
07-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey again,
what do you mean link to the original image?
This is what I'm doing so far....I've taken the background image into photoshop, sliced it, and optimized the size for web and then into dreamweaver.
I would just like to find a different method to do this, so that the whole image would open without any load time....is that possible?

domedia
07-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Image optimization is key, but without the original image, your current website or anything it's pretty hard to guess.

d a v e
07-07-2007, 05:48 PM
"so that the whole image would open without any load time....is that possible?"
no