PDA

View Full Version : offer website back-links (MEMBERS POLL)

martinprints
07-01-2007, 06:14 PM
is anyone else interested in setting up a system where we can offer links (on our own websites) to the sites of fellow DW club members...maybe improve our search engine rankings?

davidj
07-02-2007, 06:52 AM
martin

why not setup a poll

L3XXY
07-02-2007, 12:04 PM
I think thats a great idea mate :)

martinprints
07-02-2007, 05:08 PM
martin

why not setup a poll

don`t know how
:-D

davidj
07-02-2007, 05:14 PM
when you create a new post there is an option of USE A POLL

located further down past the text field

martinprints
07-02-2007, 05:33 PM
CREATING A BACK-LINK NETWORK

Would you be interested in a facility - where DW club members can offer links on their own websites to the sites of other DW members?

(there should be a yes/no poll option attached - I hope - if i figured it out right!)

martinprints
07-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I think thats a great idea mate :)

don`t forget to vote in the poll

martinprints
07-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Puzzled by some negative responses to the poll - I am new to Search Engine Optimising and wonder if i have missed something here - would be interested to know why my suggestion might be a bad idea ? - welcome any feedback - still learning!

davidj
07-04-2007, 04:30 PM
not so much as a bad idea.

the question reads...> I am interested in a `back-link network` in the DW club

Im an applications developer who knows little about the marketing aspects of web sites and i dont have the time to change that really

I would never use such a function therefore i chose the No option.

domedia
07-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I think it's a good general idea, but how do we implemented it? Who is going to build this system? It's also open still how this should work. I searched the vbulletin community, but noone seems to have made something like this.

Reciprocal links are easily detected and seem to less effective than non-reciprocal links.

It could be as simple as just starting a 'link to me' thread. First poster could put a link on their website to dreamweaverclub.com, and post the link to their website. Second poster would link to first posters website on their website and post their websites link. etc

edbr
07-05-2007, 03:18 AM
I have stopped giving reciprocal links as too many are if not detrimental , do not seem much use especially when from a site with l,ow Google pr.

martinprints
07-08-2007, 10:23 AM
thnaks for the feedback...i understand that it would involve some administration...but all i envisage is a page on this club site where members could post their website address...
the rest would be up to interested parties to contact each other; make sure amongst themselves that they are not creating reciprocal links to and from the same person; and that would also give the member the ability to discern between links on sites that they like and those that they don`t...
i do not know how much administration is involved in setting up a page ...with an appropriate heading and an outline description of how to use the service...

kate
07-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Great idea,

Some sites will have a list of useful resources like the one I just found (not this one lol) I came this morning to add DWClub to their resources so maybe here will get some traffic, not that domedia needs more traffic...lmaoooooooooo

:grin:

domedia
07-19-2007, 01:58 PM
haha :) We need all the traffic we can get. The more knowledgeable DW users, like yourself Kate, that hang around here, the more interesting and skillful the posts get. I learn something every day now from this forum, just browsing other users websites helps.

martinprints, I know it's some time since you started this thread. I think the major problem in that no-one really can commit the time at this point to build this functionality to the site. But I think we should put together a link exchange forum, where anyone can post their website(s) and ask for link exchanges, 3 way link exchanges even for those that don't feel like doing direct reciprocal exchanges.

kate
07-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi,

I'm like you domedia - still learning. Always there is something new to learn. Do we actually stop learning I ask myself many times?

This week I took a look at Flash CS3..ahahahaha joke if you can make head or tail of Flash...:mrgreen:

Back to my trusty Dreamweaver..;-)

But I think we should put together a link exchange forum

Yes Domedia, thats how most show the resources and I think it works just fine, like this morning. Its not just Dreamweaver its whateva your good at.

domedia
07-19-2007, 05:47 PM
ok, adding new sub forum under 'community talk' called 'link exchange' :)

kate
07-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks Domedia!

:D