PDA

View Full Version : can we have have a website build off please?

dazzclub
07-02-2007, 02:55 PM
hi guys,

Im an avid reader of web desinger magazine, and really like the section where they invite designers to build sites to acho sen theme.

This month was "Dentists" which i thought was so random but incouraged the designers to think out the box and put their vision across.

so how about it, anyone can chose a theme, then we say two weeks to build a site?

or a photoshop mock

let me know what you guys think.

cheers

domedia
07-02-2007, 03:36 PM
We've done contests before with various results.. but this actually sounds pretty cool, and the community is a little more active than previously. It could be as easy as:

Settling on a name (ie: 'dreamweaver club design challenge')
finding an appropriate forum to post the challenge
submissions sent to something like contest(a)dreamweaverclub(dot)com
Once contest time is over (3 weeks?), submissions are posted in new thread as a poll.
Winner wins claim to fame (and a prize?)

I've actually been playing with the thought about doing this on a monthly basis for tutorials/articles. Tutorial/article contest with prizes.

dazzclub
07-02-2007, 04:06 PM
yeah, i would actually enter simply to see other designers work but if theres a prize then more of an incentive i guess.

well its a thumbs up from me! :)

davidj
07-02-2007, 04:09 PM
not bad idea

is ram still up for offering those great prizes?

so is this going to be a full site (3+ pages) or is it going to be a flattened concept? JPG etc

domedia
07-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm going to check with ram. I can't give prizes myself unless it's something like tutorials/articles that will benefit the site. (Site is still showing red number even after these years 8) )

If it's a pure design contest, it could basically be anything, right? CD art, magazine ads, website prototype etc.

davidj
07-02-2007, 04:19 PM
design contest would open it up for allot more people

for those that are not CSS savy... Like me!

dazzclub
07-02-2007, 06:51 PM
i would say, a photoshop mock up and then an actual page, just one, like a home page.

We can see if the designers ( us ) can reproduce what we have created using our coding skills.

davidj
07-02-2007, 07:08 PM
ok if we do this it needs to be managed

we need a time scale

we need marketing assistance (Banner advert, News letter, Member PM shoot)

we need a prize (Ram. Got your ears on mate)

cocoonfx
07-03-2007, 10:15 PM
if someone provides the graphics i will make the banners FOC using flash.

domedia
07-10-2007, 03:16 PM
ok, moving forward on this today, but need a catchy name. Can we brainstorm real quick for some cool names for the 'build off'?8-) :-D

davidj
07-11-2007, 08:15 AM
pixel perfection challange