PDA

View Full Version : Aligning images vertically?

dpc
06-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Greetings, brand new poster, and DW user, AND website builder...

SO, what I can’t get is how to insert several images into a layout table and have them stack up vertically. They’re all the same width, but different heights; they come from PS slices, and are rollover images for a vertical nav box. First one in is fine, all others come in to the right; I want ‘em underneath; possible?

Thanks!
dpc

dpc
06-28-2007, 09:28 PM
OK, I’ve sort of solved the problem by creating a separate box (Table? Cell?) in layout mode for each graphic, but I’d still like to know if one CAN stack images vertically in a single table. Also, several new problems have emerged with my little page numero uno; here it is:
http://www.kaylakennington.com/dpctest2/layout_test.html

I can’t understand why there’s that little vertical line between the white rectangle and the grey one, but only below the Home gif. I want the join between the rectangles to work the way it does at Home. Or at least to be the same down the whole length of the white rectangle...

Also, why doesn’t the gif swap when rolling over Links, like it does for all the others?

I used layout tables to create this page, drawn over a tracing image. The nav bar rollovers are each in their own layout table, and are each gifs from slicing up the Photoshop comp, and inserted as rollover images. They’re all the exact same width, and the rollovers were each built the exact same way...and the code for each looks the same, to my untutored eye, at least.

MANY thanks for any guidance here...
dpc

dpc
06-28-2007, 10:06 PM
OK, I solved the little line issue, thanks to a response elsewhere; I needed to add a background color to the table that encloses each rollover gif; the Home table had one...

Still pondering the unswapping “Link” gif...

Thanks again,
dpc