PDA

View Full Version : Frames - changing property on a main frame...

A1ex
06-20-2007, 11:33 AM
...by an action executed from DHTML menu on the left side...

First of all, hello to everyone. Just stumbled here looking for an answer (and I have noticed that this is an excellent resource for everyone who is searching for "dw" related answers)...nice!

Anyway, I don't have much experience in dw, so I'll try to explain this as simple as possible. I have started on a personal site and I have three frames (left - contains a menu, top frame & main frame). What I want is to change properties of some elements on top and main frame, when a link on a menu from the left side is clicked. So far I have figured how it works when you have a single page (with behaviors), but I cannot do that in frames...

Any ideas??

Cheers.

davidj
06-20-2007, 01:07 PM
let me see your javascript which changes properties on a single page

A1ex
06-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Hmmm....javascript? Can it be done without? I thought maybe with some behaviors that will change property of an object (change border color of an image on right frame, for example), when a button (or thumb) is clicked on the left frame. What I ment in previous post is that I know how to change a property on a single page by using behaviors (with all those onmouseover, out, click...events), but can that be targeted to a specific frame?

domedia
06-20-2007, 02:39 PM
behaviors = javascript

A1ex
06-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Ok, I said I'm a new on this one...I have attached small sample (two frames, left & right)...when mouse goes over the dark image box, background color for the upper div changes...this is the max of my knowledge at this point :(

On same example, how can I target that change to be applied to a different frame (right frame)?

A1ex
06-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Please, anyone?