View Full Version : Multiple tables with MySQL

06-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Ok. So I've started to work on my little pet project.

What I want to do is have users have their own pages with a table that I update via the database with information on payment etc... So each user's table is going to be updated with different information. What is the best way to do this.

I will have a table of users in the db, but I want each user to have their own section on the DB so i can update them individually.

Joe loggs onto his account at my website to see how his order is doing. In his member section there is table with order ID, quantity, cost, and status. I will add and edit these details in the table judging on how I am going with his order.

The above X multiple users with different orders, etc.

I want to be able to organise my db.

I am aware i could just create a bunch of tables... but is there a way I can have sub folder or menus for each user or something?

06-13-2007, 06:17 AM
does the tutorial not give you what you want?

ok when i displayed the fruit in the dynamic table could you not take that system and populate it with your user data? then you could click on a row which sends the data to an edit form where you could perform the update

06-13-2007, 06:22 AM
I'm not having any trouble with the script or the db... it's all running smoothly. I'm just wondering if I could make a section in the DB for each user rather than having all their details in one row.

But it's ok. I am going strong and making an organised DB.

06-13-2007, 06:36 AM
you have a seperate row for each user in the db yes

06-13-2007, 06:51 AM
of course. I dont think i explained myself properly to begin with. I think this is rather silly misguided post. :-). I will continue and create a seperate tabe for each users' order details - similar to beginner php tutorial