PDA

View Full Version : Multiple tables with MySQL

Karkar
06-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Ok. So I've started to work on my little pet project.

What I want to do is have users have their own pages with a table that I update via the database with information on payment etc... So each user's table is going to be updated with different information. What is the best way to do this.

I will have a table of users in the db, but I want each user to have their own section on the DB so i can update them individually.

Example:

Joe loggs onto his account at my website to see how his order is doing. In his member section there is table with order ID, quantity, cost, and status. I will add and edit these details in the table judging on how I am going with his order.

The above X multiple users with different orders, etc.

I want to be able to organise my db.

I am aware i could just create a bunch of tables... but is there a way I can have sub folder or menus for each user or something?

davidj
06-13-2007, 06:17 AM
does the tutorial not give you what you want?

ok when i displayed the fruit in the dynamic table could you not take that system and populate it with your user data? then you could click on a row which sends the data to an edit form where you could perform the update

Karkar
06-13-2007, 06:22 AM
I'm not having any trouble with the script or the db... it's all running smoothly. I'm just wondering if I could make a section in the DB for each user rather than having all their details in one row.

But it's ok. I am going strong and making an organised DB.

davidj
06-13-2007, 06:36 AM
you have a seperate row for each user in the db yes

Karkar
06-13-2007, 06:51 AM
of course. I dont think i explained myself properly to begin with. I think this is rather silly misguided post. :-). I will continue and create a seperate tabe for each users' order details - similar to beginner php tutorial