PDA

View Full Version : how to upload to server?

markc1822
06-11-2007, 02:32 PM
I created a database and couple php files locally, I was wondering what I have to do to upload it to my site server.

I know i will have to upload the connection folder and all my files, just not sure how to upload the database and tables i created.

Any help I would appreciate it

Thanks
Mark

davidj
06-11-2007, 02:40 PM
i take it your host account has mysql database setup?

Im guessing you could import a file which builds your database from your control panel. You can output the data in the form of a script from the EMS consol then im sure you can import the script into your live db.

you should also be able to connect to the live db using EMS consol and you could just copy the db into the live host

markc1822
06-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Yes, my host account has mysql database setup.
From EMS, the option to do that is Tools > Extract Database ?

when you say "connect to the live db using EMS", i can connect to a database hosted on my sites server ? If so how would i do that

Thanks
Mark

davidj
06-11-2007, 03:07 PM
yes its extract database and i think the option is there to export the data at the same time.

Im not sure if you use the domain or an IP address to connect to the live database. Drop your host an email and ask them for the settings to connect to the database. They are probably in their help files or FAQ's