PDA

View Full Version : How to create an email account using VBscript or JScript?

Paws
06-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Could be wrong place to post but just need a reference or a script as I know nothing about VBscript or JSscript.

I would like to have a script that can create or change an email account in MS outlook or Outlook Express?

I have searched the web for this but no luck.
All there is are scripts on Exchange servers and so on.

I hope there is someone who understands what I am asking.

davidj
06-07-2007, 10:22 AM
you want to change or add an email account to outlook using a script??

Paws
06-07-2007, 10:31 AM
A script that could do either.
If it can do both even better!

davidj
06-07-2007, 10:36 AM
you cant do any

your not allowed to change settings within client applications via a script like this. To be able to do this would be a hackers dream

you could write a delphi / VB application which would do that but it would require authorisation from the user

Paws
06-07-2007, 10:41 AM
I am not sure what you mean?
I do have access as it's my machine.

I have seen applications like contact scrubber update contacts in MS Outlook.
And it's a small vbscript or jscript that would automate what I would do manually, but quicker.

davidj
06-07-2007, 10:50 AM
contact scrubber is a high level (compiled) application which is installed on your machine. a Plugin if you like.

Your wanting a server side scripting language to do the same thing!

horses for courses and you have chosen the wrong horse for the job

Paws
06-07-2007, 10:54 AM
davidj, basically what you are saying is that you can't help me do this.
Thanks anyway.

Contact scrubber is a free app and not a high level app.
It only uses some vb or c++ script to access outlook's contact repository.

davidj
06-07-2007, 11:10 AM
when i refer to High level i mean its of a compiled nature and distributed as an exe

It only uses some vb or c++ script to access outlook's contact repository.

yes thats right but your original post doesnt mention those languages...

I know nothing about VBscript or JSscript.
I would like to have a script that can create or change an email account in MS outlook or Outlook Express?

VBSCRIPT (ASP) and JSSCRIPT (JSP) they are completly different from VB and C++ and are not the tools to build such an application. As you said before you need to code in VB or C++

davidj, basically what you are saying is that you can't help me do this.

with the level of programming you admitted to and what i have witnessed its not help your after. You want someone to provide you with the solution! so your spot on there... I cant help you!

Paws
06-07-2007, 11:16 AM
I have developed 3 VB apps about 6 years ago. (I was paid a lot of $$$ for them)
I have no intention of going back to it but I do have them loaded, just in case a revolution comes.

VB is not difficult.

davidj
06-07-2007, 11:20 AM
if your such a good developer then why dont you write your own mail thingy??

It would be easy for someone with your skills

Paws
06-07-2007, 11:25 AM
I have no idea what code is needed for coding outlook stuff.
This mail "thingy" is a simple task if you know the outlook code and stuff.

Basically it's a piece of code, probably 10 lines that says:

add a new email address and pop3, smtp settings
or
change this email address and pop3, smtp settings

davidj
06-07-2007, 11:25 AM
just in case a revolution comes

What are you on about?

there are hundreds of VB jobs out there which pay good money

http://www.totaljobs.com/JobSearch/Results.aspx?Keywords=visual+basic&Referrer=A_SE_GOT07_BrandTerms_BrandTerms_total%20 jobs_Broad_def&Radius=5

Go get one of those if your so good. You dont have to wait for a revolution

Whats a revolution have to do with this anyway??

Please send me your VB apps so i can check them out!

davidj
06-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Basically it's a piece of code, probably 10 lines that says:

add a new email address and pop3, smtp settings
or
change this email address and pop3, smtp settings

Outlook already has this functionality built in. Why do you want to build it again

Paws
06-07-2007, 11:28 AM
They are too big to fit here plus I have to find them and compile them.

Paws
06-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Outlook already has this functionality built in. Why do you want to build it again
All I want to do is have a simple script or app that can do it in one click.
With no registration issues and time limits and all that crap.

davidj
06-07-2007, 11:33 AM

im sorry paws

im lost here. I have outlook installed localy and i dont have any registration issues and time limits.

Can someone else help... My head is battered

Paws
06-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Also why would I need a "job"?
I don't need a "job" a "job" is for people that are stuck in the rat race of society.
Cheers

davidj
06-07-2007, 11:35 AM
your an idiot

Paws
06-07-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't think you understand what I mean:
I don't want to have to pay for a script or an app to do this when there is code that can do it for free!
My question was about a reference or knowing about this, if you don't know rather just say so.

Thank you for your time anyways.

Paws
06-07-2007, 11:38 AM
your an idiot
Why you have to be rude?

davidj
06-07-2007, 11:44 AM
i appologise

but god you try my patients.

Also why would I need a "job"?
I don't need a "job" a "job" is for people that are stuck in the rat race of society.

err to pay your way in life or you would be a sponger and it would be people like me who would pay your way in life and i dont want to do that coz i have a wife to look after and would prefer to lavish her with bling then give someone benefits. Maybe im just selfish!

Paws
06-07-2007, 12:01 PM
I would accept it, but first you must learn to spell.
"patience", unless you are a doctor that looks after sick people.:mrgreen:

I don't believe in "work" or a "job" as that would force me to follow society's rules, I do what I do because it's FUN, otherwise you are not happy and you will make others unhappy too.
you would be a sponger and it would be people like me who would pay your way in life and i dont want to do that
Yes there are spongers out there, but that would be the streets or jail and this is a forum.:mrgreen:
Thanks once again for "helping" me out here davidj.

Cheers

davidj
06-07-2007, 12:07 PM
yes

you are an idiot

Paws
06-07-2007, 01:33 PM
yes you are an idiot
It's pretty obvious that this isn't a forum that can actually help people, if the administrator is so damn rude to users of the forum.

What's the point of reporting your posts when you are the dumb ass administrator of it.

So it is true what others have said about this forum; that their users are selfish, rude and aren't really interested in helping anyone except themselves.

I am even surer the only thing you can do is sit here and wait for users to ask for help only to be rude and rag them because you are such a prick!

If you want to be rude like that well then you need counselling.
You call me an idiot well then you are a ****ING PRICK!

davidj
06-07-2007, 01:55 PM
lets put this down to a clash of personalities

i say we just stay away from each others posts and all will be calm and relaxed once again

agreed?

(well no agreement needed really as i already made the decision)

davidj
06-07-2007, 02:11 PM

THE PENNY HAS DROPPED!

your after a crack for outlook (office)!

Hehe

what a helmet!

if you got a job you might be able to afford to pay for the software!

Mark_W
06-07-2007, 03:42 PM
It's pretty obvious that this isn't a forum that can actually help people, if the administrator is so damn rude to users of the forum.

What's the point of reporting your posts when you are the dumb ass administrator of it.

So it is true what others have said about this forum; that their users are selfish, rude and aren't really interested in helping anyone except themselves.

I am even surer the only thing you can do is sit here and wait for users to ask for help only to be rude and rag them because you are such a prick!

If you want to be rude like that well then you need counselling.
You call me an idiot well then you are a ****ING PRICK!

Not wanting to get involved or wanting to escalate this, but I have to disagree with your post. Everyone on this website have been very helpful since I joined, the help I have got from this website is the most and probably the best help I have got from any website I have been on.

Not only are the video tutorials excellent but the 'after sales' service is excellent as well.

Paws
06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Not wanting to get involved or wanting to escalate this, but I have to disagree with your post. Everyone on this website have been very helpful since I joined, the help I have got from this website is the most and probably the best help I have got from any website I have been on.

Not only are the video tutorials excellent but the 'after sales' service is excellent as well.
Hey dude not mess this up with you in it, I did enjoy this forum until I realized how rude the administrator "namely davidj" was so damn rude and why?
He is the IDIOT!:mrgreen:
I don't disagree with your point of view about this forum but this admin needs to kicked the F out.

domedia
06-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Closing the thread.
Love free speech, but this is going nowhere.