PDA

View Full Version : deleting multiple records with checkboxes

gavimobile
06-04-2007, 04:08 PM
hey folks,

thanks for not removing my account after not visitng here since my last problem :-)

i dont know enough about php to know what i did and did not do correct.
if someone has time i was hoping you can post a ULTRA SIMPLE LIST in order of what needs to be done to create a list with checkboxes which i can than select the records i wish to be deleted. i already have the database up and running. i can view & add records.

thanks for the time

davidj
06-04-2007, 07:24 PM
are you using dreamweaver to write PHP?

i cant help if you are

gavimobile
06-04-2007, 07:38 PM
yes. only dreamweaver. sorry i wasnt specific. since i posted eariler today ive been working on the editing records part of the website. i assume editing and deleting are very similar. i can get the repeat region with all the records listed. however when i edit/delete it wont edit or delete. I think the problem im having is with the php tag im supose to put after the confirmation link page. eg. confirmationpage.php?recordID=<?php blabla?>. anyways if we can take care of the checkboxes first i would really appreciate it. in the meantime im going to check out ur tutorial u sent me last time. im gona see if i can delete 1 record at a time and hopefully after that it wont be hard to deal with these checkboxs.

davidj
06-04-2007, 07:56 PM
start the tutorials from the begining

gavimobile
06-04-2007, 07:59 PM
the tutorials are great however u put everything on 1 page. is it just a matter of cutting a pasting to have them on seperate pages? will i ruin the pages?

davidj
06-04-2007, 08:04 PM
you run the tutorials and learn the methods and concepts then its a simple case of taking what you have learnt and adapt it into your own application

you have to start from the begining to get the best out of it

gavimobile
06-04-2007, 08:10 PM
the thing is, dreaweaver does everything for you. you do alot of the coding by hand. after ur tutorials i will know more than the basics of php. is there a easy way out with using the dreamweaver software?
thanks a million ~ still folowing along

davidj
06-04-2007, 08:39 PM
no easy way to do this

you have to put the effort in to get the best out of it

if you want to program you have to learn how. If you want to let dreamweaver do it then your going to get stuck when you want something that DW doesnt do and thats when you ask a question on here and its when i tell you i dont help with dreamweaver written code!

a paradox!