PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver shows page incorrectly

DWuser23
06-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Out of curiosity, I downloaded a trial version of Dreamweaver CS and viewed one of my webpages http://www.orthohelp.com/geneal/sefardim.htm to see how Dreamweaver works. To my shock and surprise, in Dreamweaver CS3 only the right column (How to start, etc.) shows on the preview panel. Yet this page opens correctly in both IE6 and Firefox and also when I ask DW to send it to the browser! Why does Dreamweaver show it only partially?

DWuser23
06-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Nobody answered, so here is some additional data - in case people think the HTML code is at fault. I tested and the same webpage and it shows correctly in Namo WebEdit which is another WYSWYG HTML editor, as well as several in other HTML editors. Also opens correctly in Firefox and in IE6. So it is peculiar that Dreamweaver is having trouble opening it correctly. Is this a known bug in DW?

DWuser23
06-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Ah well, I guess nobody cares.

Andromeda
06-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I care!! I just don't know the answer. :(

And I suspect that other people either don't know the answer or are actually doing other things other than sitting at their computers. After all it is the weekend. :-D

projectioninst
06-03-2007, 09:49 PM
i just downloaded the page and it opened fine for me in DWCS3.

domedia
06-05-2007, 04:23 PM
DW runs it's own rendering engine, it's not a browser. Use f12 to preview your pages, the design view can only take you so far.