PDA

View Full Version : DW 9.0 - How Do I Centre A Site Using Layout Tables

macsolutions
05-30-2007, 05:51 PM
I hope someone can help me with my question as I have scoured the net and have not yet found out how to centre my website so that it will be positioned in the centre of the browser window.

I want to build my site using Layout Tables. I opened the website http://www.itcontact.co.uk/ in Dreamweaver and this is exactly how I wish to build mine as it is centered and it uses Layout Tables throughout.

Can someone please put me out of my agony and let me know how to do this. I should point out that I am new to DW to the point that if you gave me code to drop-in to the site, you would have to be specific as to where.

I am using CS3 Dreamweaver Version 9.0 on a Mac.
Many Thanks
Tom

dazzclub
06-02-2007, 11:13 PM
hi mac,

mmm, this sounds simple enough and if you are using tables then this should be no prob.

in dreamweaver select this design view, and using your mouse select the table you wish to center.following the link you have provided, its safe to assume that the site you want, is one big wrapper ( this table holds all the content ).

now once you have selected the table, if its not already open, open the properties panel and you see information ranging from color of font to font size, etc. look for the align tag and then select center using the drop down menu next to it.

ive got dreamweaver 8, it shouldnt be too different.

if this all fails, you can go back to the site click on view source in your browser, copy all the code and paste it into dreamweaver, save it and then preview it. all you would see is the text and grey squares where the images should be.

and then you can work from there.

or was this post a shameless adver for the site

kona72
06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Hi MAc,

This goes between the body tags...

<div align="center">
<table width="750" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

Good to go!!

dazzclub
06-02-2007, 11:36 PM
yeah or that, lol

fwr1000
06-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Check out this tutorial from the Dreamweaver Club tuts.

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/css-center-content.php

Fred