PDA

View Full Version : time delay on form results?

yurg
05-29-2007, 11:06 AM
hi, ive just completed the php form tutorial and uploaded it to my server, when the form is filled in and submitted it continues on to my confirmation page, but as yet i have not received the results to my email address, is there a time delay from when the form is submitted to receiving it? or is there a different problem? thankyou

davidj
05-29-2007, 11:41 AM
hi, ive just completed the php form tutorial and uploaded it to my server

Does the host you uploaded it to support the php mail() function?

yurg
05-29-2007, 02:15 PM
ive just checked and they dont support php! what would be the best alternative for an online form. thanks.

domedia
05-29-2007, 04:29 PM
ive just checked and they dont support php! what would be the best alternative for an online form. thanks.
Ask your host what they support first. Then you won't do the same mistake twice ;-)

yurg
05-29-2007, 06:25 PM
they dont support Coldfusion, ASP.NET, JSP or PHP at the moment, but i think they support all others. what do you suggest?

domedia
05-29-2007, 06:59 PM
yurg, that doesn't leave many other left...

Which ones do they support?
If they can't answer that, you should probably be looking for a new host.

davidj
05-29-2007, 08:23 PM
there is nothing left to support

ask them if they support HTML?

change to host that offer's a decent package

yurg
06-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Hello, I am using a HTML form from matts scripts in my cgi bin, ive never used one before and it is returning a 'error: bad/no recipient' message and i dont think i have it set up correctly. my website is recycleyourjeans.com and i want to send the form results to charlie@softwalker.co.uk, could you see if i have entered the data correctly please

@referers = ('scriptarchive.com', 'recycleyourjeans.com')
@recipients = &fill_recipients(charlie@softwalker.co.uk);

Ive tried following the readme file that comes with FormMail but ive spent soo long trying to sort this out i cant seem to see my mistake. many thanks