PDA

View Full Version : Joomla

edbr
05-29-2007, 09:18 AM
any joomla wizards around? I seem to have royally screwed one up

domedia
05-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I have *some* experience, not very much though.

edbr
05-30-2007, 01:13 AM
I have been running a 'joomla" site for a while and checking through it I saw an option for make search engine frienly so I took it, for that i then had to re- name htaccess.txt to .htaccess. next time I tried to log in as administratotr i could not user/ password not recognised.

I also got some warnings regarding headers on my home page. I have changed the administrator pass word in the database (using the encryption) but it still wont let me in.
One other anomally is members can not log in but if I join new I can.

Any clues? i am baffled

domedia
05-30-2007, 12:43 PM
What does you .htaccess look like?

edbr
06-07-2007, 01:27 AM
I never found he problem, it was rooted in the sessions but after a lot of hours spent I reinstalled the whole site and replaced my old databases. My but this Joomla can be touchy!

domedia
06-07-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm actually taking one site *from* Joomla *to* a static site right now. After working with the site for 6 months, I found it too limiting in terms of customizing style and layout for each page.

edbr
06-08-2007, 01:00 AM
I can understand that completely. I used it as it provided what I wanted in a site quickly and easily. The site up and running within an hour or so. If I ever find the time improve my php/mysql knowledge I would custom build my own.